• Customer reviews

on 2 December 2014
Bright and does the job in lighting my hallway at night (I would have liked to have them at the top of the stairs but they are actually too bright for just outside my bedroom door), thus mitigating the need for me to turn lights on for late night kitchen raids.

They seem to be brigh white as opposed to the warm yellow in the seller's picture (see my attached photo)
review image
20 people found this helpful
on 23 October 2015
They are dead easy to use, simply plug in and wait for it to get dark - or cover the sensor (the round window near the bottom) to test them.

However, they are quite bright, probably bright enough to read by, which for me is too bright for a night light. A dimmer control would be good.

Also the picture clearly shows the light as orange, but the light is actually a bright blue, and there is a lot of evidence that trying to sleep in blue light is not good for you.

However they are cheap, and will certainly stop you falling over anything in the dark.
on 13 September 2015
The products come in a quantity of two, each in their own packaging. What I received were not as advertised. I bought these because of the warm glow for use in the bedroom without disturbing sleep as white LEDs are disruptive to sleep and lower melanin levels. However, these were LED white lights. They were also particularly bright compared to other white LED night lights I have. Which is great if you wish a room completely lit up. They don't function when there is a power cut , and simply work from the plug being switched on. I have had to return these with some degree of difficulty. But it has been resolved.
For a warm glow safe nightlight, packed two, I recommend Lifemax Automatic LED Night Light, also available on Amazon.
on 8 December 2014
I bought these as everyone was saying that they're very bright and put them in my room so that the wife wouldn't need to turn on a bright lamp or the light to breast feed at 3am.

They are too bright for a night light but not bright enough for my purpose. They kind of sit in that middle ground where they aren't particularly good at anything as is aside from perhaps lighting up a hallway so your kids don't crash into the walls or something. I bought two packs so have had to use 3 of these lights to get enough light for my purpose.

Giving it 4 stars as it is really cheap and very good on electricity
on 7 April 2015
I tested these in the hallway for a couple of hours and the entire unit heated up which I considered unsatisfactory. I didn't consider it safe to be tested or used in my daughter's bedroom and husband put them both in the garage. I believe using them is not worth taking the risk. The bulb inside was far too bright and in my humble opinion the unit looked suspect. I ordered the Lindham night lights which omit a small amount of blue light. It's not bright enough to wake you up fully and those are fully tested and safe and don't warm up at all
VINE VOICEon 20 January 2014
Good quality, effective, and super-cheap nightlights.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the ones I received have bright white ("cold white") LEDs, not the warmish orangish glow as the picture suggests - not a problem though (and LEDs tend to last much longer). I use them out on the landing and in the lounge to make night-time trips to fetch milk from the fridge for our little'un if he wakes for a feed easier.

One thing I would have liked would be a way to adjust the sensitivity of the photocell to control how dark it needs to be before the light comes on, but at this price you can easily live without that!
on 20 December 2014
Bought to illuminate a 'new-build' extension, to illuminate hazards stored in the room during dim light conditions, until the room is finished inside. Firstly, the lights are very bright (much brighter than I expected) and come on / go off at dawn / dusk, exactly as described. However, they are so good, that I think I will keep on using them once the room is finished, as a security feature, rather than using a table lamp with a timer. I would certainly recommend this product.
on 6 March 2014
I bought these with the intention of putting them on the landing for the kids to see their way around at night without us having the 'big' light on all night. They don't work for this purpose. The sensor is very sensitive to dusky light which means the lights are on virtually 24/7 unless some particularly bright sunshine happens to spill from a bedroom into the landing.
They'd be good for a kids bedroom as it's a nice warm light - bit bright for my likings but great for little ones who are scared of the dark.
on 14 September 2015
blew up in our house this afternoon and the debris hit my 5 month old daughter who was playing in her travel cot . It's blown the socket and melted it . Highly dangerous and so disappointed when they actually have LED safety night light on the back of them . There is one in my daughters nursery too which has now been removed this is scary to think it could have caused a fire if left there !!! Contacting trading standards tomorrow !!!!
review image
3 people found this helpful
on 9 April 2014
I have now bought 4 of these night lights. They are very cheap and fit my needs perfectly. I use them to light up a dark corridor and a large landing. They produce a fairly bright white light which means that I don't need to switch on all the landing lights when going to our bedrooms. Also, I've found that the main lights tend not to get left on now by other family members. So, they probably save electricity as they're only about 1W. I cannot comment on their robustness or durability as we've only had them for 2/3 weeks