AT18A High Definition Waterproof Actioncam HD 720P Sport Helmet Action Video Camera DVR, AVI Video Format, Supports Upto 32GB SDHC Cards Ideal For Holidays, BMX, Skiing, Snowboarding, Rock-Climbing, Paintball, Skydiving, Swimming, ATV, Motocross, Horse riding etc
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Great for all types of action sports such as two or four wheel vehicle racing, skiing, biking, rock climbing, paintballing and skydiving.
- Built-in microphone with Timestamp ON/OFF function, Movie format: AVI
- Records at HD1280X720P or 640 x 480 resolution
- Battery: 2 x AA alkaline batteries, Reinforced rubber casing, Can mount almost anywhere
- Securely attaches to most surfaces with included velcro strap or rubber strap. Great for all types of action sports such as two or four wheel vehicle racing, skiing, biking, rock climbing, paintballing and skydiving.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
1) Built-in microphone
2) Reinforced rubber casing
3) Can mount almost anywhere
4) Supports SD card up to 32 GB
5) Timestamp ON/OFF function
6) Records at HD1280X720P or 640 x 480 resolution
7) Great for all types of action sports such as two or four wheel vehicle racing, skiing, biking, rock climbing, paintballing and skydiving.
1) Sensor: 1.3Mega pixels CMOS sensor
2) Lens: All glass lens, 54 degree
3) Resolution: 720P; 1280*720 (30 FPS); VGA: 640*480 (30 FPS)
4) Memory: SD Card slot support up to 32G
5) Movie format: AVI
6) Battery: 2 x AA alkaline batteries
7) Securely attaches to most surfaces with included velcro strap or rubber strap.
8) Designed to strap onto most sports helmets (helmet not included).
9) For best results use a high speed SD card.
10) Can attach to most bicycle handlebars
11) Size: 110 x 67 x 48 12) Weight: 110g
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Delivery was very respectable at 5 days from China.
It's not a GoPro but its only 20% of the price, it does what I want. Recommended!
I have been offered a discount so I will be opening the device to see if I can find a loose connection or just to isolate the damn microphone.
I offer the following information regarding the Action Cam
When connected to a Suse linux system it is recognised as :-
ID 05e1:0b02 Syntek Semiconductor Co., Ltd
Some translated instructions (the manual is v. poor) please note that not all options have been tested.
1: Format the memory card. How?
1.1. With the camera turned on hold the "shutter" button for around 5 seconds.
Release the "shutter" button when the display shows "FOA". The card will be formatted in a few seconds
2: Set the date and time. Reasonably straight forward.
3: USB operation
3.1. PC mode
Just connect camera to pc with the usb cable.
Pre-existing files can now be viewed, copied or deleted.
3.2 Loop recording mode
Loop recording mode is accessed by holding the menu button down then connecting a live USB power lead.
WAIT until the camera is active BEFORE RELEASING the menu button.
The camera is now in loop recording mode and recordings can be made / deleted as normal. But not from PC - see below.
4: Loop recording notes
When entering loop recording mode with batteries installed in the camera footage is saved every five minutes.
With no batteries installed footage is saved every two minutes.
During loop recording mode the cameras disk space is not available for viewing / deletion from a PC.
Pressing the shutter button stops the recording and saves the footage.Read more ›
A few areas to be aware of:
It has a fairly narrow field of view. It says 57 degrees, but it's difficult to understand that. It seems to be equivalend to a 35mm camera with an 80mm lens, in other words somewhat zoomed in from a standard lens. This makes it very fiddly to get the camera pointing in the right direction.
Second it is very hard on batteries. With two duracell AA batteries in good condition, it stopped recording after about 3 minutes. With two brand-new ProPower batteries it did 15 minutes without a problem.
I t is difficult in bright sunlight to see when it has powered on, and when it started recording. If you hold the recording button down too long it formats the memory card, thus losing everything recorded so far.
I could not get it to connect to my computer over USB, but I do have problems with plug-n-play on that computer anyway, so it may not be a problem with the camera. I simply plug the memory card into the computer and download that way.
Some of the descriptions suggest the maximum memory card size is 8GB - others 32GB. I played safe with 8GB. The batteries will run out long before the card anyway.
Next time i would pay a lot more and get a go-pro. They have a wide field of view and a chest harness, which would produce much better results.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had this as a present, quality was bad, confusing to set up and battery dies very fast. On the other hand, its cheap and would work for a short battery time if you wanted to record... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Josh
Apart from being a little larger than anticipated it is everything I wanted waterproof and fool proof operation easy to install and use, reccomenfdedPublished 4 months ago by cobrabp1
I wish i could write a product review i have been waiting a month for a hi definition camera this review is about amazon I can sum up in one word crapPublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
very poor would not recommend buying to anyone!!!!! took it snowboarding and was so disappointed to come back with terrible footage non existent sound!! Read morePublished 5 months ago by Shaun