on 8 May 2013
Arrived quickly so good service. However difficulty activating on line in uk because smart phone and the AT&T website would not allow the basic 10 c/min option plan. When I got to the USA went into an AT&T shop and found that I did not need to pay for the SIM card just the cost of calls. Consequently buying the sims in the uk was more expensive option.
on 15 April 2013
The product worked absolutely fine. However, please be aware that although you can register the sim on line and get a US phone number before you get out, any online top ups are not possible until you get to the US.

As soon as I got to the US the phone registered without any problem. Once registered, you can ask for an online access pin, which will be sent to your mobile, and then you can top up on line. You can also top up using 611 or 1 800 901 9878. ATT as a matter of course don't process European credit cards. You will be put through to a specialist credit team. They will also try and talk you into a $25 top up and to sign up for automated top up. You can always decline their kind offers.

Definitely worth having if you're in the US for any period of time.
on 12 September 2014
Get one if you plan to go to US and travel around. If you sign up to an AT&T PAYG account and pay $60 (about £36) for a month, you get unlimited texts and calls in the US and about 2GB of fast 4G internet. That much data would cost £10,000 if you were roaming from a UK mobile at £5 per MB! It's a bit of a fiddle signing up to AT&T (may need to use your first hotel as a US address) but so worth it for booking hotels and checking into flights while on the move and checking Foursquare for the best restaurant in town.
on 5 August 2014
Have just activated SIM in UK. All worked fine. Instructions seemed a bit vague, but in fact I had no difficulty. I too was only offered data packages (as it is a smartphone) but I wanted data anyway, so I don't know how you get around that if not.

Another review points out that you can get the SIM for free in the States. I think this is true, but it has the benefit of getting part of the setup done in a stress-free environment - for example, we took the IMEI number from the original phone packaging, which we wouldn't have had in the States. Also, you get your phone number in advance.

Will try to update this review when I have successfully topped the phone up.
on 21 August 2014
Buy this product with caution. For the second year running the card did not work properly in the USA. Yet again I had to visit an AT&T store who replaced the card again, free of charge. It seems the major problem this time is that AT&T have shut down the 2G service at least in most centres, and I had an older 2G unlocked phone which was not compatible. So as well as needing an unlocked mobile phone you now also need a phone which is 3G compatible. I have sent this information to the supplier so that they may be able to update their selling information, but they have not acknowledged my input.AT&T SIM Card USA Pay As You Go Prepaid sim Cards cheap international callsAT&T SIM Card USA Pay As You Go Prepaid sim Cards cheap international calls A little dissapointing!!
on 7 August 2014
Great, worked a treat. Was a bit confused by the registration process, as when I entered my IMEI number (smartphone) it only offered data plans with the lowest $25 per month. I only wanted to be able to phone home. So hunted out an old Motorola Razr V3 (tri-band) I had and put SIM in it. This time when I entered the IMEI it did not recognise it and asked me to select "smart phone" or "basic phone" (or something like this). I selected basic and I got the 10c per minute option which I selected. Registration completed, got email with account, number etc. details. Landed in USA a few days later and in seconds picked up AT&T. Called the number to add credit. Got a super helpful agent, quoted account number and asked for $5 for 150 international call minutes bolt on and that was it......did not add any other minutes, just the bolt on. Used the mobile for 2 weeks no problem...... Great savings compared to what we spent last year.
on 17 May 2014
Received Sim Card in excellent time and which was accompanied by excellent instructions

I needed to follow up with a query about timing and my Email was responded to promptly with a clear and helpful response to my query

Many thanks
on 13 October 2014
DO NOT BUY.
There was no support provided to help set it up.
Card did not work in USA with the different phones i took to USA.
I called AT&T customer support who advised I add $10 on the card, I have lost this money as well as I could not use the card.

Overall, this was a compete waste of money.
on 16 September 2013
The AT&T card arrived the next working day. Activation was easy 4 day's before going to the USA, so you have a US phone number to let people know how to contact you before you go. Top-up on line does not work with UK credit cards on the AT&T site, but a quick free call in the US when you land and when you get through to an operator, they can top up for you on a UK credit card. The deal to have 250 mins of calls a month back to the UK for $5, was outstanding. Will use a AT&T card again on next US trip.
on 16 July 2014
Where to begin--I bought one of the Go sims in the UK, followed all the instructions and didn't expect any trouble as I have a US credit card. Trouble I had. I blame 60% on the seller of these cards in the UK, 40% on the At&T Go SIM's creaky systems.

Short answer--don't buy it here. Go to a Walmart, pay $15 (no joke) and get a phone and this same sim. Long review:

I activated the SIM, which requires you to enter a device IMEI. I did this, was assigned a phone number and given an initial passcode. Then I topped it up with money. All smooth. Put the sim in the phone, it says that the sim isn't recognised.

Nothing but trouble now--when you login online, AT&T sends a new passcode to the SIM, which you can't read because the phone (unlocked and working fine in the US). You need this new passcode to do anything. I tried the sim in another phone, but again it isn't recognised. Search for 'Go phone imei SIM lock' if you want to read the debate here.

I went to the local At&t shop. They said that Go SIMs only work in go SIM phones and suggested the local Walmart, where they sell the SIM and phone for $15. As I have the credit on the original SIM, I put the Amazon one in. It doesn't work. I put the new SIM in, it works fine. I tried to reactivate the original SIM with the new phone, but it still doesn't work, and the passwords are being reset and sent into the ether.

With the Walmart pack I jumped through their new hoops and got the new password texts, and finally I have a number.

Perhaps this just a bad SIM, but this essentially a giveaway product that is being sold as fit for purpose as a ready to us American number.