ASP.NET Web Developer's Guide Paperback – 31 Aug 2001
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Aimed at the working ASP developer who wants to move to Microsoft.NET, ASP.NET Unleashed: Web Developers Guide offers an excellent example-based programming tutorial. With its strong practical focus, this title offers an excellent choice for learning ASP.NET quickly.
Most every computer book uses examples to illustrate programming concepts, but this text does an exceptional job at efficiently presenting key examples that will be necessary for anyone moving from ASP to ASP.NET. After a brief tour of the history ASP since v. 1.0 and a quick overview of the advantages of ASP.NET, the author turns to essential APIs and programming strategies. Useful material here includes some valuable techniques for working with session and application objects (and new events available with these classes), plus a nicely comprehensive guide to all the XML configuration settings used in ASP.NET and what theyre good for. A series of chapters on the built-in ASP.NET (and simpler HTML) server controls will give you a working vocabulary of basic Web programming techniques.
Later chapters explore specific areas of .NET functionality like ADO.NET, XML support (including a solid introduction to the often bewildering world of XML standards and the classes used to manipulate them in .NET). Coverage of Web services shows off this brand new option for creating distributed Web applications.
This volume's final sections present three small, complete applications (for a guest book, shopping cart and message board). Besides illustrating essential ASP.NET APIs and techniques introduced earlier on, the sample code can serve as a basis to add these features to your custom applications.
With such a large number of new ASP.NET APIs to master, this title strikes a great balance between describing essential APIs and real code that shows them at work. In all, its efficient format makes this title a perfect resource for busy working developers who want to get up to speed the new ASP.NET fast. --Richard Dragan
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. It categorizes its instruction to the ASP.NET, which helps me to have a clear understanding on each subject such as ASP.NET server controls, configuration files, caching, data access.
2. It provides many easy-to-implement examples to let me to have a hands-on experience on the subject I am dealing with.
3. If you are an XML fun like me, you will find that the instruction and examples about implementation of XML in ASP.NET is super!
Overall, this is a great book on ASP.NET for serious ASP programmers!
Excellent reference for every web developer!!!
2. Best of a lot of similar products
3. It meets 100% my expectations
4. The seller and shipping procedure was very fast. They achieved the minimum date of delivery
Excellent daveloper's handbook!!!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Microsoft Windows
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Website Design