- Find your favourite brands for less in the Fashion Outlet Store.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- *UPDATED* 3M Reflective - Improved footwear visibility when running in low level light.
- *UPDATED* Visible Rearfoot GEL - The ASICS GEL system is based on a special kind of silicon that enables optimal shock absorption. GEL units are strategically placed in the midsole and designed to enable specific functions and positions.
- Outer Material: Synthetic
- Closure: Lace-Up
- Shoe Width: D
- *UPDATED* Discrete Eyestay Lacing - Independently placed eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customised fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
- *UPDATED* Trusstic System - A molded component under the mid-foot area which covers a wider area than the 1160. Provides stability and in combination with the contoured midsole helps to control torsional stability.
- *UPDATED* AHAR+ - This is a thinner and lighter version of ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. It is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to reduce excessive wear.
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The ASICS GEL 1170, Spring/Summer 2012, a hugely popular and great value shoe with a fantastic ride, is an excellent shoe for both intermediate and the ambitious runner as well as those requiring mild structure from a shoe at a decent value for money with the added benefits of a structured cushioning category. This shoes is the updated version of ASICS GEL 1160 with the 1170 being 8 grams lighter than the previous one with the new discrete eyestay lacing installed into it. Continuing the tradition of the GEL-1000 series, the GEL-1170 is designed for moderate over-pronators and provides a fantastic ride with features like the shock-absorbing Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning.
Top Customer Reviews
My choice was based on (i) if I'm going to risk shoes over the net it might as well be from someone with a good returns policy (ii) Asics have a good reputation (iii) this pair looked a bit less visually offensive than most modern trainers, and (iv) I was sick of trying to make a decision! :-)
In the end I needn't have worried. These are very comfortable indeed, making a necessary evil (exercise!) much more tolerable. They instantly relegated my old trainers to the "wear when decorating" corner of the closet. And while I'm not a big fan of the way they look, if I ever do go out in them that'll just encourage me to move fast enough that people can't see my feet properly. ;-)
As for fitting, I take a size ten and have pretty wide feet, so normally stick to the wider Clarks type styles. These Asics are not quite so generous in width, but they fit like a glove and are immediately comfortable.
I hope this all helps someone as indecisive as me. I'm pleased enough to be considering a second pair so I'm spared this process in another few years.
Highly recommended for Mild Overpronators.
These trainers are extremely comfortable and offers the support and cushioning that I need for road running. I do quite a few road races and half marathons if I get chance and so I recommend these trainers highly if you are thinking of taking up running...however, get your gait checked first to make sure you have the correct footwear as it does make a difference.
I got these trainers within 4 days of ordering them so good delivery. Excellent value, good spec running trainer in the Gel series.
After a while the material wears thin around the big toe, and if wearing socks that aren't all black the colour can be seen through. The only disappointment, and why I have reduced my rating figure
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love my 1170. Fast feeling runner, decent for spot work and roomy at the front for those hot days. Medium cushioning for more speed and ground feel.Published 16 months ago by Shrike
Have bought many Asics and none have made my bf's feet small like these have!Published on 10 May 2015 by Lhouteit
Toe fabric wore out very quickly (on top). Bad material or design.Published on 10 Feb. 2015 by Amazon Customer
Excellent comfortable trainers good value for money and great service A++++Published on 4 Dec. 2014 by carmel lernihan