Customer reviews

on 27 July 2014
Just got these running shoes, and so far very pleased. Went for first gentle jog to try them out and very happy with the feel. A bit sturdier and firmer sole then my previous Asics, but this is what I wanted as like many people I over-pronate slightly. I think these are just about the perfect running shoe for me. When I first put them on I thought they felt slightly tight, but having been for a run in them I am now thinking they are probably spot-on, especially since they will 'give' a bit with wear. My only criticism of these - and it is a fairly minor one - is that the laces are too short to put a double knot in as I like to do. I have got around this so far, by not lacing them through the top eyes, which gives enough extra length to make a double knot. This is not ideal though as I like to lace them all the way up. With longer laces I would be tempted to give these a 10/10. Got them for a good price too.
44 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2014
Great shoes - although Asics seem to have changed the sizing slightly, so be prepared for trainers that fit snugly. I was replacing an old pair of Asics Gel Nimbus in a size 9, into which I'd added Sorbathane Double Strike insoles, and which fitted perfectly. I had assumed I could add Sorbathane insoles with the new GT-2000's but it made them too small, so I replaced the thin Asics insoles with Sorbathane ones, and I get a snug fitting pair of great running shoes. They're also quite narrow, and only just have enough room on the toes. My tip would be if you're a borderline 9-9.5 size then get the next size up so they're not too tight.
I've been a long time fan of Asics shoes - in particular, had been using their 21x0 series . As a mild over pronator, I found those spot on for my running style, and I've never had any injuries as a result of them.

However, I had switched around various other shoes, given the 21x0 series has been discontinued, mostly ones I had been fairly happy with, but not quite as happy as I had been with my 2140s.

After visiting a specialist running shop, they talked to me about the history of the 21x0 and how the GT-2000 series is the spiritual successor, but that the v1 had been a poorly received shoe (it was these reviews that had put me off trying them)

Apparently the v2 has fixed the teething issues with this line, and should be a good follow on from the 21x0 line.

So far, I'm very impressed. They feel a little bit lighter than the 21x0 range, and very comfortable. I've found them pretty fast as well, provide good support for my over-pronation, and do a good job of keeping my feet dry, while feeling nice and breathable.

In summary - an excellent, comfortable running shoe, perfect for mild overpronators.
on 16 December 2014
I really like ASICS but these came small for a size 7 and I had to return them. I usually take a shoe size 6.5 to 7 but these were too tight. I have now got size 7.5 which are excellent.
on 19 April 2014
I've bought these Asics GT-2000 V2 from Amazon/Millet Sports and they arrived in time.
Since I've opened the box I had impression of a good, quality product.
These are my first Asics running shoes, comming from Adidas Supernova Glide 4&5.
I had my first run today wearing them and the feeling was great comparing to my old 1200+ km shoes.
I usually run ~30 km / week and I think this model meets my expectation about shoes.

Good product ! Thank you Asics !
on 14 May 2015
These are awesome! My hubby uses GT2000 for his marathon running and these were his ideal shoe. He actually used this pair to run the San Francisco Marathon!
on 24 July 2014
Fit well. Very comfortable to run in. Love them!
on 2 August 2014
The product met my expectation, Quality wise the product is good. We can 100% rely on the product.
on 12 February 2015
excellent running shoes and were delivered early! :-)
on 2 December 2014
The asics arrived today and I tried them! I wear 42 and I ordered size 7.5 uk . They fit perfectly. I would say even better then those I tried in our local store! Like they meant to be for me! They are very comfortable, I feel fantastic in them and I can't wait to hit the track and enhance my running performance! Great shoes! 100% recomended!