- Also check our best rated CPU Cooler reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
ARCTIC Alpine 64 Pro Rev.2 - 90 Watts Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD AM4 Sockets with Patented Fan Holder - Patented Anti-Vibration System
|Price:||£8.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£0.95 (10%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra quiet 92mm PWM fan with low noise impeller
- Optimised heatsink efficient heat dissipation
- Patented fan holder eliminates the buzzing sounds
- Patented Vibration Absorption
- Pre-applied MX-2. Compatible with AMD AM4
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Heatsink and Silent Fan for AMD® Sockets 754/939/AM2/AM2+/AM3
ARTIC COOLING - PWM FAN CONTROL - ALPINE 64 Pro
• Ultra quiet 92mm PWM fan with low noise impeller
• Optimised heatsink efficient heat dissipation
• Patented fan holder eliminates the buzzing sounds
• Patented vibration absorption
• Pre-applied MX-2
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Fitting it went pretty smoothly; I was able to clean off the old dried-up paste with white spirit, and the new heatsink has a thermal pad on it, meaning no extras were necessary. In fact when I didn't get it correctly positioned at first it allowed me to slide it across a bit without any problems. Working within the confines of the case made it a little fiddly, but it wasn't the problem I feared it might be. There was no obstruction of other components or cables.
The plastic frame in which the fan is mounted is attached to the main frame by rubber standoffs, which are presumably to reduce vibration. How much difference this makes I don't know, but it certainly didn't do any harm.
Being a larger, lower-speed fan than the original makes it noticeably quieter, which is a definite bonus, and from initial checks seems to keep the CPU slightly cooler as well (39°C instead of 43°C).
So, in summary: fitting is straightforward; don't be put off. No need for extras such as thermal paste remover, or extra thermal paste for fitting. Significantly quieter than the original fan, and cooler too.
The reason there are a few negative reviews is that it is quite fiddly to fit and the instructions quite vague. Obviously if there's not a precise fit between the surfaces there will be an incredible drop in performance. Due to the difficulties mentioned above the incidences of breakage during fitting is quite high.
The product I received was damaged with the lower bracket snapped before I even removed it from the box. I managed to repair this myself though as I didn't want the hassle of returning it.
The product I received differs from the picture in its fan label making me wonder if it is revision 2.
So. Yes it works well. Easily fitted incorrectly. Quite fragile if not handled delicately. Does the job for under a tenner.
1. The cooler is so large that it took up space for me to insert my ram into the far left slots, right now my ram is bending towards one side because it struggled to fit.
2. When finally installing cooler, I launched windows anxiously and excitedly checking how cooler my CPU would be. When finally checking the temperature my CPU was reaching 50 degrees when idle, and 95 DEGREES when gaming, absolutely ridiculous.
3. The fan is also extremely loud and obnoxious, sounds as if theres a lawnmower just two feet away from me. They should really take out the ''Low Noise'' advertising they have in the title.
So in conclusion I purchased a stock cooler in the hopes of reducing CPU temperature and what I got was something not only reaching the same temperature but something which bends my RAM in one direction due to the ridiclous size of the cooler and the noise which comes out of this thing that sounds like a lawnmower. Avoid this product if you can and spend extra money to purchase the Hyper 212 EVO instead, that is what I will be doing.
It gets 3 stars as it's very competitively priced and I was still able to get it work with the kludge. The kludge, see picture below, was to use string and zip ties to get the cooler to sit flush with the CPU.
For reference it fits this case with a few mm clearance:
Rosewill R379-M Slim MicroATX Computer Case with ATX12V Flex 300 W Power Supply Unit
HOWEVER. The instructions supplied are useless, as I had to virtually work it out myself. After hours of getting off my old fan, I was pleased that I could finally replace it with this one. When I put the heat sync on, I froze. The heat sync is so big, it wouldn't FIT! I'll admit my motherboard it old, however no matter how hard I tried it would fit. After another hour of bending pieces back, I placed on my motherboard and it finally fitted. Then I tried to fit the fan on, but the side hooks were to short, and ended up taking the heat sync out of the clip. I was so confused how the fan wouldn't fit over sometimes it's designed to fit. In the end I used one hook to place it over the heat sync. The fan was quiet, however it barely made a difference to the sound.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
It is a simple heat sink and fan unit so there is nothing to jump up and down about..Read more
However I have got it for my 1155 socket and it didn't fit well.Read more