Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 July 2010
This book is a great summary of the period, ideal for AQA AS candidates. It is worth getting it and reading through it all before you start your course as it is short and provides a thorough overview and a timeline. Having said that, don't think you can just use this book, as much more in depth knowledge is required for the course
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2010
Bought this book during the run up and horrific stress of my A2 levels. (Note the book is for an AS level course) My A2 120 UMS module was British politics and society 1914-1964, and a great deal of this book covers the content in this module to, (albeit at AS level standard rather than A2) either way its full of useful information and sources that can help you with your revision and facts that you can wack in to your exam. However it is important to note that with my approach this book is not definitive, merely useful to back up your studies.
Either way I highly recommend it for either module, mind you if you are doing the AS module then your school should provide you with such a resource. Anyway long story short, I highly recommend this textbook as something to assist your learning with my A2 module if this is the reason you may be considering to buy this textbook.
on 19 August 2015
upon using this book I found it to be too wordy and it was difficult for me to understand what point it was trying to make. In my opinion, a lot of unnecessary language was used and it made studying A level history really frustrating. i prefer concise notes that get to the point and this book was the complete opposite.
on 5 January 2014
this textbook is short and sharp. everything is in colour and the first pages help me know how to improve on my grades. Throughout the book it constantly cross references, which helps things link in a lot better.

Speedy delivery! :)
on 17 March 2013
I used this book for my alevels, but i have learnt so much from it, once i finished my alevels i decided to keep this book so i can read it in my spare time. I would recommend it if it is for school and even if you would like to learn about history.
on 13 March 2015
Not as detailed as other books but still useful.
on 30 January 2015
Recommended for study and in great condition.
on 6 April 2015