on 24 September 2017
Was useful when I needed it during my A Levels and for tutoring during my first year of university.
on 9 April 2017
good book
on 8 October 2014
My son liked this book
on 24 August 2013
Can't go wrong with this textbook as it is the official AQA AS-Level textbook used by schools/colleges in the UK.

For those who wish to purchase it for their own personal study, it's a well-structured book that you can pleasantly learn at your own pace.

Amazon delivery speed was great as ever and saves me a trip from going down the bookstore.

No complaints.
on 4 July 2009
This helped me get through my AS exams so much, its clear, crisp diagrams made things that bit easier to understand and also the summary questions for each topic, as well as the exam-style questions at the end of each section really helped to understand what the exam will be like and give me plenty of questions to practise- sure, I didn't answer all of them, its geeky enough I'm writing a review about it, but emails from Amazon can be so persuasive...but seriously, I recommend this book to anyone who is studying the AQA AS Biology course. The A2 book's pretty much the same too!
on 17 October 2010
A friend recommended that I borrow this text book from my college library to aid my revision for a unit test; after borrowing the book I found it so useful that I decided to purchase it from amazon. I had also bought the CPG AQA revision guide prior to this and after buying this official AQA guide the CPG book became useless to me. I think that many people are sceptical about this book because it is the 'official' guide but I found that this is actually an advantage because it includes all the areas that could possibly be included in the AS exam. This book explains the elements of 'how science works' topics that could possibly come up in the exam and as I find this section of the exam the hardest, this element of the book was indespensible. I am aware that this book has a hefty price tag compared to many of the other revision guides/ text books available but in my opinion it is worth it. Now that I am into my A level year I am still finding this book useful due to the synoptic nature of the AQA exam, however I do plan to buy the A level version as well. I have also read comments that you shouldn't trust these reviews because they are written by people who have not done the exam, however I have and I would still recommend this book as I found it indespensible.
on 4 January 2011
I was told about this by my biology teacher and luckily I made note of the name and found this book, it is brilliant to go over each of the topics and also goes into a lot of detail where needed by the AQA exam board. With my first biology exam next week, I feel fairly happy with my understanding on the topics and this textbook was a great buy!
on 11 April 2010
I bought this under recommendation as I had just embarked on AS Biology Distance learning. Compared to the black and white rather wordy material from the distance learning provider, this was a breath of fresh air with colour illustrations and lists and tables. The only down side is the AQA exam style questions are little use without the answers and you have to pay to join online to view the answers. However on the AQA website there are past exam papers and answers, so you can access other questions.
on 5 December 2010
It arrived in good condition and it was well packaged. The book is the one we use at college so it's really helpful. It's also written in a way that makes it possible to read when you don't fully understand something, not like some textbooks which are just impossible to read due to the way they are written.
on 5 July 2009
I am very happy with this book, it is very well written and very easy to understand, but at the same time goes into alot of detail. there are also a lot of pictures to go with what you are reading about, and internet addresses to go even further into detail and see things working. i would 100% recommend buying this book, as it has taught me a lot. Thank you