on 20 September 2010
A worry for all book buyers, this book is the correct book for the AQA A2 Biology exam and exactly the same one as was in my school.

There doesn't seem much point in reviewing this book, because, quite frankly, if your are doing the AQA exam, you simply have no choice in the matter. I would strongly discourage buying any other book without reading this one. The questions and syllabusss featured in this book are exactly what will appear in the exam. This is very important when it comes to specific figures such as in the PCR (polymerase chain reaction) temperatures as well as correct terminology of enzymes and processes (e.g. the exact sequence, and enzymes, involved in the transcription and translation of DNA).

The book doesn't come with the answers for the exam style questions but my teacher had this so it wasn't a problem. However there is a whole plethora of questions on virtually every page which do have answers in the back of the book. In my case i found these questions tedious but it was worth the effort doing some of the more tricky questions as revision.

All in all the book is essential if you are doing this exam. I used this book exclusively to both study and revise from and i managed to get an A* overall this June. Of course people are different and hard work is key, but without this book I struggle to see how anyone will be able to achieve a high grade.
8 people found this helpful
on 9 September 2015
Great quality, just right for my course. A lot of text, I suggest getting another book that help condenses the course a bit more, since this one is a bit wordy, and explain things a bit long winded. But it does the trick, and tells you everything and gives examples. Just a good standard textbook for any student doing Biology A2 with the exam board AQA
on 24 September 2017
Was useful when I needed it during my A Levels and for tutoring during my first year of university.
on 13 May 2018
Arrived quickly. As described.
on 20 May 2018
very good
on 11 December 2013
This book is essential if you want to pass your biology exams, it gives all the needed information. Also, in order to achieve great results , you need to do all the extra exercises this book contains, they helped me a lot to get high grades.
on 20 May 2015
Awesome book, it is crucial if you would like to achieve a confident high grade. My college condensed the contents too much but I like to learn it detailed hence bought the book! Hopefully do well in my exams...Ahaha...The application questions and how science work questions is the key of the book!
on 1 March 2017
Satisfactory
on 12 January 2016
Great book. Lots of questions at the end of chapters. very interesting and follows AQA spec.
on 26 April 2017