- Visit the Small Animal Collars, Leads & Harnesses Store for a huge selection of collars, leads and harnesses for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, hamsters, rats and mice from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Store for great offers on aquatic pet food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Small Animal Treats Store for a huge selection of small animal treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Food & Treats Store for a huge selection of fish & aquatic pets treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Aquarium Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular aquariums.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £2.49 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
API Melafix 473ml
|Price:||£14.75 (£24.58 / kg) & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- This product is easy to use
- This product adds a great value
- This product is manufactured in United States
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Heals open wounds and abrasions treats fin and tail rot eye cloud mouth fungus and promotes regrowth of damaged fin rays and tissue. Will not adversely affect the biological filter alter the pH or discolour water. Safe for reef aquariums and live plants. For use in fresh or salt water.
From the manufacturer
It’s Smart To Be Proactive
The best way to keep your aquarium clean is to maintain good water quality. This will keep your fish strong and vibrant, as well as preventing disease.
How Do I Maintain A Healthy Environment?
It is important to test your aquarium water weekly to verify good quality in addition to a bi-weekly partial water change of no more than 25% to help reduce toxic buildup, remove debris the filter missed, and replenish the oxygen available to fish.
How Do I Take Good Care Of My Aquarium?
- Feed and observe fish daily
- Test water quality weekly
- Change 25% water bi-weekly
- Restore your ecosystem monthly
Feed Your Fish Daily
Feed your fish twice daily only the amount of food they can eat in 2 to 3 minutes depending on the species. Some fish such as bottom feeders and algae eaters will need up to 30 minutes to 2 hours. Overfeeding and low quality nutrition cause unconsumed food and more excrement which cloud water and raise harmful ammonia levels, possibly leading to fish loss. Take time to observe fish and the water temperature to ensure they are active and healthy.
|API Master Test Kit||API Stress Zyme||API Prevent Algae||API Stress Coat||API Quick Start||API Melafix|
|Use Weekly||Helps monitor water quality||Keeps aquarium & gravel clean||Controls algae growth||-||-||-|
|Use Every 2 Weeks||-||-||-||Makes tap water safe when changing water||Restores the ecosystem to help prevent fish stress||-|
|Use Monthly||-||-||-||-||Restores the ecosystem to help prevent fish stress||-|
|Use When Adding New Fish||-||-||-||-||-||Prevents disease breakout|
Making A Better Underwater World
At API, we understand the rewards and relaxation of fishkeeping because we have a passion for fish too. For over 50 years API has developed premium solutions with proven and effective results for your family and ours. API offers a range of testing kits, water conditioners, and nutritionally superior food, because we’re dedicated to making a better underwater world.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had 6 guppies 4 nguentheri Killifish, Neon Tetra's, White clouded Minnows 2 albino corydoras, 1 peppered and a bronze.
Used this product and within a day we lost a guppy. We didn't think it was related to the product at first. So we did a water test. Everything came back healthy. Everyone was fine for a while, Then came the second dose of Melafix. Within hours another guppy died. Then we had a male minnow that died few hours later. We had our killifish in that tank too. So we removed those. Put them in their own tank. Moved 4 guppies into a medical tank. One was so sick it eventually died. We were left with 3 females. The effects of the melafix were so bad, that i've also lost 2 of my Killifish, Leaving a male Who's still poorly and may not make it, and a female, who so far looks fine. We also lost a corydora.
We moved everyone Out of the tank downstairs, Done 90% water change to try and get rid of the melafix. After that, The remaining Minnows, Tetra's Thrived. The guppies and cory's that were now upstairs in a med tank under constant watch, Thrived.
My fish, Before i used this product weren't sick, They had damaged fins due to my killifish having a nibble. So to help repair those fins, I used this. Infact the second this was used, it caused way more problems then it tried to Help. Apart from issues with the fins, thanks to my killi's, They had nothing wrong with them and were healthy.
All my fish now, Since i've did several water changes to get rid of melafix from my tank, are thriving. Never again will i use this product.
It works really well as a general tonic and I put some in the tank whenever I see the fish looking a little lethargic and at the first sign of any kind of disease.
Combines well with other more specific treatments if required.
Most recent customer reviews