APC P5BT-UK Essential SurgeArrest 5 outlets with Phone Protection 230V UK
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Essential SurgeArrest series offers a great value for home equipment and business applications such as small office/home computers
- The P5BT-UK will protect your equipment from the threat of bad power and provides phone protection
- Input Connector(s) 1 x power BS 1363/Power Output Connectors Details 5 x power BS 1363
- Device Type Surge suppressor - external
- Input Voltage AC 230 V/Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
The world's only surge protector to incorporate removable cable guide and rotating cord retainer. Lightning and power surges can permanently ruin your electronic equipment. Changes in voltage cause lockups and loss of work. This unit will protect your equipment from the threat of bad power. The Essential SurgeArrest series offers a great value for home equipment and business applications such as small office/home computers.
- 180 degree Rotating Cord Retainer
- Building wiring fault indicator
- Cord Management
- Data-line Protection
- Fail Safe Mode
- Manual disconnect switch
- Noise Filtering
- Plug Activated Safety Shutters
- Power Cord
- Protection working indicator
- Right Angle Plug
- Surge Protection
- Transformer Block Spacing
P5BT-UK Surge Arrest
1.8 Meter Tel cable (2)
From the manufacturer
APC P5B-UK Essential SurgeArrest 5 outlets
Peace of mind from the world's most trusted UPS provider and solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green from plant to plug.
SurgeArrest Essential Features;
- Lightning and Surge Protection
- Noise Filtering
- IEEE let-through ratings and regulatory agency compliance
- Catastrophic Event Protection
- Building Wiring Fault Indicator
APC SurgeArrest Essential Range
Basic Protection Against Power Surges for Computers and Electronics
Damaging power surges associated with lightning or utility problems can travel along your utility and data lines, damaging your electronic devices and destroying your valuable data.
Even smaller everyday power surges can degrade the performance of your electronics and decrease their life. The APC SurgeArrest Essential series represents the minimum level of surge protection that should be present on any of your computers and household electronics.
- Fail Safe Mode - Most other surge suppressors continue to let power through even after their circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to future surges
- Protection Working Indicator - SurgeArrest will warn you if its circuitry has been damaged by heavy strike or power line surge and it is unable to provide 100% protection
Top customer reviews
really not sure which....
I particularly like its 'fail safe' function. Unlike my old Belikin SurgeMaster, which when I queried why the 'protected' light had gone out, I was told that the protection had stopped working which means that my equipment could have been unprotected for months without me knowing. This APC unit actually disconnects itself from the mains, isolating the equipment, once it detects that its surge protection circuitry is faulty. Also, it reportedly filters noise out from the supply, which will extend the lifespan of your power supplies.
I (thankfully) haven't had a surge to test it on yet, but hopefully the customer service will be better than Belkin's when I use the lifetime guarantee! I can sleep easy knowing my stuff is protected by the same brand that we use for the UPS units for the servers at work.
In this instance, I needed to protect a single electrical device, so I wanted to find a protector that does just that. As a satisfied customer of other APC products, finding this particular single socket surge protector was a more than welcome find.
Purchasing this product was a great decision as the build quality is great, in that it doesn't feel cheap, flimsy, or prone to breaking at all. The pins are sturdy for plugging into the wall socket, and plugging a plug into the protector itself is met with ease too. The socket has shuttered pins for safety and to prevent any dust or debris entering it when not in use.
There's a small, green LED indicator at the top of the protector that gives a subtle indication that the surge protection is working as it should be. If this light doesn't light up, then it means the protection is faulty, or there has actually been a surge which has damaged the protection (you then should NOT use the protector and return it under the "Lifetime Product Warranty" if this is the case).
What really made me confident with using this particular surge protector is the "Lifetime Connected Equipment Protection". This means that if the equipment I've connected to the surge protector gets damaged due to a power surge, then I'm eligible for a claim to replace the protector itself, and to have either the connected equipment repaired, or replaced up to a value of £35,000 (Check the T&C's in the included leaflet).
I can't comment at this stage on how effective the protection is as I've not yet experienced a power surge, however as I previously mentioned, I don't like taking chances, and so I'm pretty sure this surge protector will do its job perfectly well.
Overall, I'm pleased with this purchase and it only adds to my positive impression of APC products once again.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category