Customer reviews

AMERICA ONE - Return To Earth (Book 4)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 6 January 2016
I really wanted to enjoy this series; the premise was encouraging and plausible enough - Asteroid mining, Solar System exploring, WWIII avoiding Pre-human earthling culture & technology encountering. Unfortunately, in my opinion the delivery is sadly lacking. The characters are 1 dimensional, the supposed major scenes are flat and delivered in matter of fact prose and the whole series (so far) drifts along like a teenage diary, "we did this then this happened then we had beer and Jonesy drank a lot oh and we collected treasure." One aspect that became particularly irksome was the constant listing of what supplies were loaded and what treasure was found " we shipped 4 tons of this and 2 tons of that and 500lbs of the BEST COFFEE IN THE WORLD." On the asteroid we mined "THE BIGGEST MOST VALUABLE DIAMONDS EVER and LOTS AND LOTS OF GOLD AND OTHER VALUABLE METAL STUFF.
I won't be continuing with Mr Wades offering as it was like reading an accountants version of what should have been one of mankind's most epic periods of discovery.
on 18 February 2015
I am really enjoying this series, the books are well written and keep you interested right to the end. In fact I am starting to reread the books.
on 16 December 2014
excellent novel. well written. Gripping srory.
on 5 February 2015
this series has to be read
on 29 February 2016
Very good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 August 2014
great read
on 11 August 2013
I can't wait for book 5. These books deserve to be read by more people! The whole series draws you in that you can't wait for the next instalment. Only gripe was it is a bit pricey. I think more people would take a chance if they were priced in the £2 - £3 bracket!
on 4 October 2013
I thoughtthis was good, and as this was the last of the series and lived up to the other reviews I had read.
on 18 November 2013
As an avid reader, I love to find a great series of books, and this series is just that.
I am sad to see the end of this set of books but look forward to more ( in this series?) or in any other series you do.
on 17 December 2013
I don't normally read SiFi but this was A can't put it down adventure book. Well written adventure which leaves you wanting more. There has to be more in the pipeline PLEASE.