Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

VINE VOICEon 28 December 2011
I had this on my Christmas Wish List and was delighted that my parents bought it for me. The whole concept of the 'alchemy' of tarot is fascinating. As I was explaining to my father, one can look at a tarot deck, and use the 'standard' meanings for each card, or one can look beyond that basic meaning.

There are decks out there which cater to this desire to examine the deeper meanings behind the cards, and they tend to be those which do not follow the standard Rider-Waite format, with which many are familiar.

Whilst this book is illustrated with the author's own deck: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingdom-within-Tarot-Juno-Lucina/dp/0764337114/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325076335&sr=8-1-fkmr0, it applies equally to other decks which use the additional astrological symbols and Hebrew characters. The other thing I liked about this book is the way that she has used the links between the Tarot and the Qabbalah, and in a much easier to read way that the Dion Fortune 'Tree of Life' book. This is a link which I have found fascinating, not least because it shows how the Tarot can be a tool for self development.

If there was one drawback with this book, it is the fact that it is an A4 sized book, but again, it means also that illustrations are clear, and easy to read whilst you working with the cards.

Overall, this book is well-deserving of a five-star rating. Not just for Tarot addicts, but of equal use to beginners and intermediate tarot afficionados.