on 21 October 2013
These are the best ear-bud style earphones I have ever used. They don't have much bass at all as you'd expect for ear-buds (and as a result I will not take any stars off), however the rest of the sound is pretty good. They're far better than iPod earphones and all those bargain basement £3.99 ones you see in HMV or Tesco. If you go from a good pair of headphones to these you will hate the way they sound, but if you have cheap headphones as well you will be fine with them. Equally if you only listen on these earphones you will be used to the sound and they sound fine. Be warned, they do not block any surrounding sounds out at all. This is not a concern for me though because I like to be aware of my surroundings and with the volume up a little I can hear the music fine. Just be careful you aren't one of those with them on full volume so everyone can hear you.

If I remember correctly I actually paid £40 for these when they were released, so for this price they're well worth it if you don't like the ear-canal style earphones. I previously had an older pair of AKG earphones which broke very fast despite only using them about 3-4 times per week and taking care of them. These have lasted much longer (1-2 years, can't remember exactly) and they are still working. The only problem now is that the transparent rubber around them is coming off which makes them uncomfortable to wear unless I have foam covers on them. This would be fine because I use the foam covers anyway, but it also means the foam covers have a tendency to come off and they're very hard to get back on. They also have a volume control button The ear-canals have pretty much taken over the market above £10, so these and the Sennheiser MX580s are the only choices for earphones I could find. These did the job nicely.

Buy these if:
1. You don't want to spend a lot of money on some earphones.
2. You don't like ear-canal earphones.
3. You don't like wearing full headphones while out and about.
4. You are allergic to bass.
on 5 July 2012
I'm so happy with these ear buds. I wanted the same ones that came with my iPhone 4s but in black, with mic, volume control etc. but ones that didn't go right in the ear, I'm so glad I came across these.

They work with Siri, calls, tested on my iPad and work perfect also. Stunning quality, they also come with a little pouch to look after them. When I got the box I could tell straight away these were quality, and not the cheap horrible headsets you can get.

I would recommend these to anyone that what something comfortable, quality sound with fantastic bass, and an overall well designed and packaged ear bud.
on 31 May 2016
Great earphones if you don't like the IEM style and/or want to be able to still hear something around you. The inline remote works perfectly. They worked well for three years until I broke them (through my own fault.)
on 3 April 2013
They're built well, and the handy in-line controls (volume UP/DOWN, play/pause, microphone) all work with iPhones.
These are relatively cheap, and the audio quality reflects that.
Sounds very tinny and hollow. The bass has no depth, and there's no crispness to the trebles.

Don't buy these if you're a music enthusiast, just use them as they were intended - a cheap pair of headphones for the casual user.

I wish Amazon still sold the Sennheiser MX-880s, because those sounded brilliant; it's a shame that they were built terribly and needed replacing every 6 months - I've been through two pairs, but they're still the best earbuds (not the annoying ear-canal type) I've had.
on 7 May 2013
Bought these, having not really read the description, just wanted another AKG pair of earbuds, after breaking my last pair. No good for my MP3 playing, as the volume button doesn't work. After reading the info realised they were for "i" products. The quality wasn't very good either.
on 23 May 2013
Probably the best sounding earbuds with a mic for the money. Far better sounding than the Sennheiser ear buds (without mic) that they replaced.

These earbuds are good all rounders. The sound with music is open and clear with very good bass response that goes deep but doesn't overshadow the mids and treble or sound boxey and one-dimensional (like ear canals). They have what I can only describe as a bass reflex port (never seen that on headphones before). This helps to the excellent bass and open sound and you can hear what's going on around you at low volumes. Ideal for what I my use, but they are not noise cancelling or isolating if that's what your looking for.

For phone calls the quality is excellent and the open design really helps in this area, you don't feel like you can hear your own voice or feel the vibrations of your voice inside you head, something I hated about ear canal headphones with a mic. The mic is located close to your head so that the person on the other end can hear you clearly.

These are exactly what I was looking for - a cheap high quality replacement for the iPhone headphones, good for music and voice calls. These cannot be beaten for the money.
on 8 May 2013
Sound quality is good, but only when used with Apple phones or plugged into a regular laptop.
I bought it for my Android HTC device, and I only get mono sound (stereo enables only when middle button on volume control is pressed, which makes it useless)
on 11 April 2013
I got these for music only, so cannot say anything about it's integration with phone. Horrible sound quality -- any low-end bass sets it crackling and buzzing. Absolutely not recommended if you like any decent quality to your sound.
on 10 November 2013
Very powerful headphones and highest sound pressure level - 127 db - you can buy at that price. Bass quality is not satisfactory compared to Sennheiser so it is not the perfect choice for listening music. I use it for watching movies on my laptop.
on 30 October 2012
I purchased these as I was having hygiene problems with my previous in-ear canal headphones. The audio was good quality, however the silicone attracted dust and various dirt. I therefore felt I needed a new pair of headphones. I opted for foam earbuds as they seem more hygienic and also less damaging to my hearing than in-ear canal headphones, as I play my music reasonably loud. With regards to the volume of my music I wasn't too confident about purchasing semi-open headphones, as I am quite conscious of the people around me hearing my music. Luckily my friend had a pair of AKG K318's and when I tested them the audio was impressive and they didn't emit much noise when I increased the volume, despite being semi-open. So I went out my way to get myself a pair.

So far so good except for one problem. When I use them in my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 the frequency is imbalanced and even when I modify the equalizer I can't fix it. I presume it has something to do with the jack or my phone's port. I doubt it is my phone as I have tried 4 different headphones and they all work fine with my phone. On the other hand my headphones work perfectly in my laptop, my iPod and my friends Samsung Galaxy S2. Therefore I am stuck to think what the cause of the problem may be and it is the only thing stopping me from giving this 5 stars.