AKG K830 High-End Wireless Headset with Bluetooth Technology and Directional Microphone - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Volume, music and phone controls on ear cup
- Directional microphone on ear cup
- Comfortable fit with 3D-Axis folding headband
- Up to 8 hours of playback time with USB charging cable included
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Not just wireless. AKG wireless.
AKG K 830 BT headphones pair with your iPod, iPhone or other Bluetooth portable player, streaming your favourite music to your ears without the hassle of wires. All the controls you’ll need to raise and lower volume, answer and end phone calls, and play, pause or skip music tracks are right on the ear cup, so you’ll be able to leave your source device safely in your pocket, backpack or briefcase much of the time. A directional microphone, also on the ear cup, eliminates the need for a boom mic. With a proprietary 3D axis 2 folding headband, and up to eight hours of playback time between charges, you’ll want to take your K 830 BTs with you wherever you go.
Design: Closed-back headphones
Frequency range: 18Hz to 20kHz
Input impedence: 32 ohms
Net weight: 145g
Profiles supported: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
AKG K830 Wireless Headset with Bluetooth Technology
Top Customer Reviews
I've had these for a while and I am not impressed with them:
- they are wireless
- the battery will last about 10 hours and it takes about 60 min to fully charge
- quality built
- ergonomically speaking, the controls are awful; the buttons on the earpiece are really annoying and hard to get used to
- they are on ear, not over ear; this means that they get unconformable if you have them on more than a couple of hours at a time
- the sound is average at best; I bought these because they are AKG and I was expecting very good sound quality; the base is not deep at all and the mids are lacking vibrance.
- they suffer from data loss if you are further than 2 meters from the transmitter; that kind of sucks because the whole point of having bluetooth headphones is that you have freedom of movement.
- and last but not least, very pricey; for this much money you can get much better headphones
if you can get a good deal on them than they are worth it (like 50 ponds tops) because you would be getting a well build item but with an average sound quality.
Lightweight, compact and good sound quality for a bluetooth headset. Battery life has been good but eventually gave up on me last week
after 18months of continuous daily use. I've replaced the lithium polymer battery and they are now working perfectly again. Downsides are
the headset controls can be awkward to use especially on the move and the mike isn't great when taking calls but it does the job adequately.
I have to say tho that after switching to cable free bluetooth I couldn't go back.. You might want to check out Creative WP-350 which score well
in reviews and are considerably cheaper.
Not yet tried the microphone but I did not get them for this so this will probably be a good thing to have when I eventually use it. The battery life seems good but the 'on-board' buttons are a little fiddly.
Overall very satisfied with these headphones.
- They pair easily with my LG G3 smartphone, and once paired, reconnection is never an issue
- as a headset, the voice quality is excellent. The people I have called have not noticed any issues with mic volume or feedback echo
- for music listening, they are clear, crisp and not tiring. Treble is not too busy, and mids are nice. Bass adequate, if not particularly impressive
- bluetooth bandwidth and codec compression appears to be adequate for my 224kbps VBR mp3 files. I have not tested the headphones with FLAC or APE files, since I don't store them on my smartphone due to the hefty file size
- for podcasts, sound is perfectly clear, and voices are rich
- range is quite good, around 10m as stated, when in line of sight, and about 7-8m even when line of sight is interrupted by thin walls, double glazing, doors etc
- comfortable, with adjustable neckband, well padded ear cups and headband
- well made, overall (even if the buttons are "clicky")
- they fold up in a typical DJ style, so they are easy to carry in a jacket pocket
- charges quickly (although I often use a high speed USB charger, 1.0-1.6A)
- nasty buttons: cheap feel, poor placement, loud clicking sound when pressed
- no 3.5mm jack to allow direct wired connection. FYI, I knew this before I purchased them, but I would be giving 5 stars if they did
- irritating blue LED on the outside of the left hand earpiece flashes every 4 seconds, and it's bright enough to illuminate a dark room.Read more ›
When I saw these AKG ones advertised at about the same price, more or less I thought I may as well try them. They are fandabbydozey, I love them I charged the battery initially and it is still going about ten hours later ! Great and well worth the price of 40.00 I paid.
I do not use them for a mobile phone though so cannot comment on their use with phones.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought these Bluetooth headphones 10 months ago , and for some reason I've never used them . I tried them out today , and lo and behold , they worked fine . Read morePublished 24 months ago by utopian9
really good headset, good, clear sound quality, easy to pair with iPhone 6 plus and iPad 4 (haven't tried them with anything else but can't believe that there would be problems),... Read morePublished on 26 April 2015 by Ludovico Sforza
Superb quality but I haven't used them much due to battery not lasting all night. This is probably only a nuisance to me, as I often have sleepless nights, so I am not complaining. Read morePublished on 31 Jan. 2015 by pomperberry
Great piece of gear. Very good sound for the fact that it uses bluetooth connectivity. 4 stars because it does not fit my ears perfectly and after one hour my ears hurt a bit. Read morePublished on 26 Dec. 2014 by Tudor B.
Decent audio quality, quite comfortable, totally recommended at the low price I got them (around 30 pounds). Totally not recomendable at the original price (80 pounds !). Read morePublished on 29 Oct. 2014 by Lorenzo
I use these headphones daily in the gym,they are high quality for such a reasonably priced set of headphones,slightly smaller than I'd like,but this makes them highly portable. Read morePublished on 16 Oct. 2014 by SJ