ADOPTED TEENS ONLY: A Survival Guide to Adolescence Paperback – 22 Nov 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Experience an introduction from the Resident Director, a Q&A session with the cast, and a special memento -- buy tickets
About the Author
Danea Gorbett draws on her background in psychology and education as well as her personal history to help teens and their families deal with the ups and downs of being adopted. She lives in St. Joseph, Michigan, with her husband and two children.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1) Does a good job describing the variety of thoughts a birth-mother might be feeling.
2) Gives lots of examples from real people affected by this issue showing the wide range of feelings one could have.
1) Does not touch on the special case where a child is removed from a dangerous home by the courts. In this case both the birth-mother and the child know each other and often want to be together, but can't be.
2) Assumes that the adoptive-parents fertility issues are the reason they chose adoption and implies that this is the cause of many of the missteps adoptive parents take.
We hope it will help her accept who she is for whom she is and not by the circumstances in which she came to be.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Adoption
- Books > Children's Books > Growing up & Facts of Life > Friendship & Social Guidance
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Young Adult > Education & Reference > Politics & Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Young Adult > Social Issues