LEGO Indiana Jones (PS2)
|Price:||£24.97 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Everyone's favorite fedora wearing hero returns to theaters this May in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and families can celebrate the humor and excitement of the original films with LEGO Indiana Jones
- Tongue-in-cheek humor presents The Original Adventures in a manner only LEGO can whip up, with comical reinterpretations of classic Indiana Jones scenes and elements
- Use Indy's signature whip as a multi purpose tool to attack, disarm, swing across gaps, activate levers and interact with a world of LEGO objects and puzzles
- For the first time, LEGO Indy characters are fully immersed in their environment
- swim, climb, shimmy across rock ledges and pick up and carry objects
- Use a variety of weapons from the environment to fight enemies (e.g., chairs, guns, swords, bottles)
- Unlock more than 60 playable characters, including villains and supporting characters (Marion Ravenwood, Short Round, Rene Belloq, Willie Scott, Marcus Brody, Jones Senior and Mola Ram)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: PlayStation2
- BBFC Rating:
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
LEGO Indiana Jones (PS2)
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures takes the fun and creative construction of LEGO and combines it with the wits, daring and non-stop action from the original cinematic adventures that enthralled audiences everywhere (Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade). With a unique tongue-in-cheek take on the original adventures, LEGO Indiana Jones follows Dr. Jones escapades through the jungles of South America to the mountaintops of India. Fans can build, battle and brawl their way through their favorite cinematic moments, from Indys entanglements with snakes to his dashing boulder run.
Of course, pop cultures most iconic archeologist will whip through all the classic moments with the help of a host of supporting characters including Marion Ravenwood and Short Round. Players can also mix and match the body parts of more than 60 playable characters to create new heroes just as they could in the best-selling LEGO Star Wars games.
Top customer reviews
After completing a few chapters we are all hooked - a great game to get the family working together - I am stunned at a 6 year olds ability to problem solve. Get it, it is a must-have.
It follows the identical format to LSW:TOT i.e. 6 levels per film, story and free play mode with artefacts taking the place of mini-kits, finding and mailing parcels instead of red bricks. The excellent two-player drop-in drop-out mode is still there and works as good as ever. This can cause problems when exploring different parts of the screen or your co-player "accidentally" gives you a right-hander, but arguments are all forgotten when you complete the level!
You get a wide variety of characters - soldiers, diggers, mechanic, women (jump higher), thugees (mystical powers), professors (solve puzzles) and Short Round - for the tunnels! However, the vehicles aren't too exciting, old cars and bikes which you generally have to repair yourself, but obviously the developers were limited to what was around in the films set in the 40s and 50s! Graphics are ok, Indy looks great in his hat and coat and the Raiders soundtrack is there in all its glory.
The weapon pick-ups are not brilliant (apart from the bazooka): brawling is often the more effective way to beat the enemies. Indy himself however is a great character to use - he often prefers to wrestle rather than punch which is slow but he does have the all-important whip which gets a lot of use in traversing gaps and retrieving objects. Some of the boss battles are a bit strange - the Raiders battle by the plane was plain weird. You couldn't kill him by machine-gunning from point-blank range but only by holding up an anvil for him to punch three times! Other boss battles were a bit confusing too but overall gameplay was very good.
Once you've completed the story mode, and you can repeat levels in Freeplay, things really pick up with all the necessary characters (and unnecessary ones like Santa!) at your disposal and you can go after the elusive artefacts and mail those secrets in the red mail boxes for even more unlockables. It really is great fun and well worth doing, especially if you want to get 100%. Look out for the Star Wars cameo appearances too - if you're lucky you might find yourself getting a hug off Chewbacca in the Mos Eisley Cantina! Find all five scenes and you can buy Hans Solo!
My top tips for this game are:
1) Save your money until you have completed Story mode, you can then spend it wisely in Freeplay mode. Don't waste your cash on the silly stuff or characters, save it for the "treasure x2", "treasure x4" etc (studs become worth double/quadruple their value etc) or "artefact locator". Most of the characters you will need become available for nothing once you have completed their level anyway.
2) The Bazooka Trooper is a useful character - he can blow up silver objects and doors but also has the uniform to get through army checkpoints.
3) Once you've purchased an extra, it isn't enabled by default (took me a while to sus this !). Once in the game, press Start, then Extras to toggle them on and off
4) Don't waste time struggling to get that high-up or locked up artefact in story mode, you probably won't be able to do it with the standard characters. Remember where it is and go back in Freeplay
5) The treasure bonuses work together i.e. if you enable Treasure x2 and Treasure x4 at the same time you will end up with Treasure x8 and the money (ok studs) flies in!
Very good fun, continuing from where Lego Star Wars left off but not quite as good for humour and variety overall.
PS I've reviewed the excellent Prima Official Game Guide here too
If you liked Lego Star Wars 1 & 2 then this is for you! Buy it! Play it! Keep playing it! By Christmas you still want to play it!
You can't go wrong on a game that really does not end and on the PS2 it is superb. I was going to get a PS3 but if this is the quality still being produced in sound, graphic and game play long live the PS2!!!
Creating your own Lego game characters is great as well. I made Mutt from the new film so I can have father and son running around with whips and guns. It is so good it even looks like him! To adda British cultural twist I made a David Tennent Doctor Lego character armed with a book to help solve the puzzles! Its that good and impressive!
Enjoy this neverending fun game. Roll on Lego Indiana Jones II: The new adventures!
This is one of those games that everyone should have on their collection, definatly a pearl on PS2.
Most recent customer reviews