ABC of HIV and AIDS (ABC Series) Paperback – 15 Jun 2012
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
An authoritative guide to the epidemiology, incidence, testing and diagnosis and management of HIV and AIDS. (MedReview, 1 November 2012)This excellent new edition has been updated to incorporate developments and current issues in the management of HIV This edition is highly recommended as the best available overview on HIV and AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). ( British Journal of Hospital Medicine, 1 August 2012)
From the Inside Flap
- What is this person′s blood pressure?
- Should I attempt to lower this patient′s blood pressure?
- What are the elements of good treatment?
- Which treatment would be best for this patient?
- How can we best manage and monitor hypertension?
- What is my patient′s blood pressure is difficult to control?
- What if my hypertensive patient becomes pregnant?
These are the questions that introduce the chapters in this groundbreaking book. Using typical patient examples, the common issues of hypertension management are tackled by leading authors who have reviewed latest evidence and provided an authoritative yet concise and easy to use handbook.
Not only is this book unique in its discussion of the best evidence: it is structured with the aim of optimal presentation for effective use by practitioners.
Evidence–based Hypertension represents a new departure in publishing in the specialty. It is the ideal guide for all physicians managing patients with this most common condition.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The ABC of HIV and AIDs is now starting to show it’s age in some parts as it is now 4 years since publication and the world of HIV and AIDS management has continued to advance over the years. The content of the title being entirely focused on HIV and AIDS means that it is not a read that all students and Foundation Doctors would need to be conversant with.
I would say that if you are working with a population as a doctor that has a high level of HIV and AIDs or as a student are covering these conditions and their complications in detail, then this title may be worth considering with the understanding that management may now differ. The pathophysiology of these conditions has not changed in its appreciation much in this time and as such this can be seen to be useful to read within the title.
Competing Interests: Junior Doctor Book Reviewer - I received this title for free from the publisher whilst a Medical Student in order to review
A mandatory text before attending patients with spinal injuries.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Infectious & Contagious Diseases
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Infectious & Contagious Diseases
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Nursing
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Nursing