- Also check our best rated Projector reviews
AAXA Technologies P2 Jr. - data projectors (254 - 1270 mm (10 - 50"), 4:3, 0.25 - 1.77 m, 1000:1, LED, 1080p (1920x1080))
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- P2 Jr Pico Projector Uses Led 20000hr Life-span 55 Lumens Picture
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
The AAXA P2 Jr. features the very latest in optical projection technology because at the heart of this pico projector is an amazingly small optical engine about the size of 3 silver dollars stacked together. This optical engine incorporates the very latest in pico-projector technology making the P2 Jrs diminutive form factor possible. Packed into its tiny frame, the AAXA P2 Jr Pico Projector features a brilliant 55 lumen light engine, a powerful ARM processor, and HDMI and VGA inputs capable of accepting 1080P and WXGA resolution inputs respectively. The P2 Jr. Pico Projector is able to play movies, pictures, and music with its onboard processor and coupled with its 90 Minute Lithium-Ion battery, the P2 Jr. lets users spontaneously share photos, videos, or other digital media with friends and family anytime anywhere.
Weighing in at less than 0.3 lbs the AAXA P2 Jr. is a true pico projector. Roughly the size of a smart-phone, the P2 jr comes in at the size of just 4.2" x 2.9" x 0.8". The P2 Jr. with its tiny size, multiple functionalities, and wide compatibility represents the very latest in mobile entertainment technology.
The AAXA P2 Jr. is the perfect companion for both adults and children. With its onboard media player, the P2 Jr. can project cartoons, movies, and pictures directly from a USB stick or Micro SD Card and entertain the whole family for hours.
The AAXA P2 Jr. Pico Projector lets you share your photos, videos and other digital media with family and friends anytime, anywhere. The powerful ARM-based processor allows the AAXA P2 Jr Pico to natively play 720p videos, pictures, and even text and music directly from a USB or microSD card (up to 16GB). An entire media library can be preloaded for instant playback!
Battery life (max): 120 h
Built-in display: No
Built-in speaker(s): Yes
Card reader integrated: Yes
Colour of product: Black, White
Compatible memory cards: MicroSD (TransFlash)
Composite video in: 1
Contrast ratio (typical): 1000:1
DVI port: No
Depth: 20 mm
Document formats supported: TXT
Ethernet LAN: No
Full HD: Yes
HDMI connector type: Mini
HDMI ports quantity: 1
Handheld remote control: No
Height: 73.6 mm
Image formats supported: BMP, GIF, JPG
Lamp type: LED
Native aspect ratio: 4:3
Number of built-in speakers: 1
On Screen Display (OSD): Yes
On Screen Display (OSD) languages: CHI (SIMPL), Dutch, English, French, Portuguese
Power consumption (typical): 6 W
Power source: Battery
Product type: Portable projector
Projection distance: 0.25 - 1.77 m
Projection technology: LED
Projector brightness: 55 ANSI lumens
Projector native resolution: 1080p (1920x1080)
RMS rated power: 1 W
Screen size compatibility: 254 - 1270 mm (10 - 50")
Service life of lamp: 15000 h
Throw ratio: 1.6:1
USB 2.0 ports quantity: 1
Video formats supported: AVI
Weight: 136 g
Width: 106.6 mm
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Many ways of connecting
Menus simple to navigate.
No Audio output jack (has tiny built in speaker)
Hard to focus
Menu auto plays a small video preview which became very annoying.
Settings reverted to default when turned off. (eg colour settings, aspect ratio, etc)
I will be returning this product and putting the money towards a better projector.
However, since buying it I (and the kids) have used it mostly for watching films and playing games for which it has been great. It is light enough to hold in your hand and project on the walls or ceiling. Here are my top tips and gripes:
1. The stand is rubbish and mine snapped off. However, you can easily add tripod support by using a mobile phone holder such as the Mudder Phone Holder which costs less than £5 - this clips nicely to the back leaving the sockets and air vents clear.
Mudder Universal Smartphone Holder Mount Monopod Tripod Adapter of Selfie Stick with Double Screw Head for iPhone 6Plus 6 Samsung Galaxy (Screw Mount)
2. It comes with a composite A/V cable allowing connection to older games consoles such as the Wii. Some of the pictures in the manual show this as having female connectors, but mine has male so I needed to buy cheap adapters in order to connect my Wii console.
5pcs Audio Video RCA Female to Female Coupler Joiner Barrel Adapter
3. I can connect my smartphone (a Sony Xperia) with a special MHL/HDMI adapter. Not all of the smartphones in our house have this capability so look for MHL support for your phone / tablet before buying the appropriate adapter. This works well for projecting things like YouTube, but for games playing there are too many cables attached.
HNPtech MHL to HDMI TV-out for Sony Xperia Z Adapter HDTV
4. When watching videos the "goto time" feature has not been implemented. The option is there, it just doesn't work. Shame, as if you restart a film you have to use FF - the max rate is 16x.
I did query this with AAXA and this was their response (eventually):
"I believe the issue here is that feature is reserved for our higher end models, it appears on that model because they use similar software but the functionality is restricted to higher end units."
5. I knew there was no separate audio output when I bought it and that was fine for my original purposes. However, as a movie or games projector it is limiting. I think if you connect with the composite cable, then you would have the option of splitting the audio out to an amplifier, but I haven't tried this.
We used a couple in a theatre project and they performed at least as well as we could have hoped for. Everywhere we used them, people asked about them and couldn't believe the price.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?