on 31 May 2017
A must read revision tool whilst on the school bus. Worked for me and got my A
It actually covers some topics that the larger books don't and this is very useful when breath is required for the course
on 20 December 2009
CGP revision guides must be the best revision guides out there. They're are great value for money and I love the way each one is specifically tailored to each of the exam boards.

This particular A2-Level Biology guide gives well detailed explanations of each topic covered by AQA, yet keeps everything concise enough to just be able to skim through it when revising. It provides a fresh (and quite humorous) alternative to my standard college text book.

CGP got me through my GCSEs, AS-Levels and will be a great help in the run up to my A2 exams in January and the summer.
on 3 July 2011
This book literally kept me alive during a2 biology, and man was biology hard! :D its brilliant, it has humour and is actaully INTERESTING unlike AQA's book! But for revision i recommend you do notes of this book and the actaul book combined, as this guide sometimes misses things/is incorrect :) GOOD LUCK! and dont worry, its all worth it in the end once you've finished biology (woohoo!)
on 15 August 2011
I would definitely not recommend this as any primary means of learning biology as a student. However, it is an excellent book that helps you recall all that key information and terminology that was learnt in the classroom. Amazing product, once you've learned what there is to learn, this book is all you'll need to retain/recall that information.
on 14 June 2011
This revision guide helped me a lot as I had one of my Biology exams today. I only realised last week that I had no revision material for my Biology exams so I quickly purchased this. The revision book came very quickly and I was able to crack on with revision straight away.

The book covers the core knowledge that you would need in an exam. After reading the book for a day or two I was able to easily explain biological processes with full confidence - something which I could not do before.

This revision guide will also aid you a lot whilst covering the A2 syllabus.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to do well in their exam. It's great way to revise and i'm sure you'll be confident with the subject in no time at all.
on 1 June 2011
This CGP revision guide is a good aid for anyone studying Biology at A2 Level. As a revision guide, it covers all the required topics, but I must stress that it does not cover them in enough detail to achieve the top grades. Like all other CGP guides, the concepts are well explained and nicely summarised. The layout is excellent with all the topics subdivided into manageable chunks. Also, as with all CGP guides you can expect plenty of jokes to make you cringe.

I would recommend that you purchase this guide, however, you should make sure you have another source to fill in the gaps.
on 10 April 2013
Would definitely recommend to all students doing AQA biology. This is really good for the building blocks of knowing what you need to know, but definitely don't use it as your only source of revision
on 11 March 2012
I have used this revision guide from CGP to revise for my Biology A-level and found that all subject content was covered in the fun and simple way you would expect from the CGP series. There are questions at the end of each chapter as well as worked examples and how science works sections which are quite a large section of most biology exam papers. I achieved an A grade in the biology with this guide however I would warn that some other textbooks and study guides were used as well. I wouldn't depend solely on this book because I have found that a mix of different materials ensures that you won't miss anything for your exams.
on 20 June 2011
As a A2 student just finishing my A Levels, I would recommend this to any soon-to-be A2 student. The OCR book for this specification is sometimes good, as it includes the detail that you need in the exams that sometimes the revision guide lacks. However some pages in the OCR book is too lengthy and complicated at times, when you only need a brief summary of a spread. This is when the revision guide comes in! I would recommend using both books and then make your own notes then revise off these because this method really worked for me! All in all, one of the best academic books I've bought.
on 5 October 2010
I love CGP revision guides. This one is no exception.

It has just the right amount of detail needed for the exam and has questions at the end of every page to help you get into the habit of using exam technique. My teachers all reccommend these revision guides and frequently advise us to use them to consolidate after the lesson.

My only complaint would be the prices are quite high for revision guides but still cheaper than buying directly off the CGP website. Often schools can get them cheaper for you so if it's possible I would suggest trying it that way first.