Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.56

on 25 February 2015
**I give this book 3.5 Stars out of 5**

***I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***

This Young Adult story was a bit confusing for me at first as for the majority of the first half of the book nothing paranormal happens.

But I will say that Ms Volley has really set up the characters and setting for the story well, Alexi is a likeable slightly awkward 16 year old who has lost her mum to cancer and now its just her and her Dad Christopher, Now I quite liked Christopher, he is one of those 'Cool' dads who are the right blend of friend and father, he is there for her, but allows her to follow her own path in the way she structures her life, he doesn't push too hard, but guide Alexi with his love and understanding.

He's also ok with Alexi's BFF being a boy, Logan oh he is so funny, there is lots of #Geekness in these characters and the way they met was so cute and I just loved their banter between each other.

The town of Ravenswood is a bit weird, people never leave and when a new student arrives at school Logan is keen to get him to join their 'Pack', Kyle is reserved but friendly to them both, and they organise a group date to the Cinema.

There is a lot of mystery involved regarding town and its inhabitants and Kyle is not what he seems.

The boys are both interested in Alexi romantically but as Alexi learns more about Kyle, it ends up where Alexi's and Logans futures are in his hands.

A Witch’s Tale hots up on the paranormal level half way through and we find out how Alexi is tied to the town's past. The pace of the story moves quicker for me at this point and I would have loved it to just continue, but I guess we will have to wait for book 2 to find out what Alexi will do next.

I was gifted an ARC so I am not going to comment on the layout or editing as this was before the final version was ready.

I look forward to seeing what Ms Volley has in store for Alexi in book 2
on 27 March 2014
this book is written with such passion that i will bet money that some of the scenarios in this book are based on actual events. It really pulls at the heart strings especially around the storyline of the main characters mom. I wait with bated breath for the second book!
on 26 July 2012
Alexi and her family have always lived in Ravenswood and never thought anything of it. What she doesn't know is that no one has ever successfully left there since before the witch trials.
Life with her dad and bff Logan are normal and uneventful until the first new student in 30yrs comes to the highschool. Kyle makes her heart flutter and is on the receiving end of her outbursts to which there are many! With Logan's insistence Kyle joins their "pack" and each of their lives are changed forever.

Great teen read! Alexi is a love-able character and you journey with her through her ups and downs. She's strong and confident with no annoying faults like some teenagers in fiction. The relationship between her and Logan is fresh with his witty commentating being truly funny.
Really surprised when Kyle came on the scene as I thought it would be another love triangle and he's the perfect "otherworldly" out of towner who she falls for but he is definitely not as he seems.

Very enjoyable read with no stale dips in the middle of the story. Glad to read book 2!
on 23 September 2014
A Witches Tale, is an amazing story, Rue really brings the characters to life, I'd love to see this book as a movie :)!

And I can't wait to read book 2, I was gifted this book by a friend and honestly I LOVED it.
on 28 January 2013
This review may contain spoilers
Summary: "For a hundred years no one talked about it...all the people, mainly women, who had mysteriously disappeared in this picture perfect town nestled in between lush rolling hills and a lake that stretched out like the sea itself. No one wanted to remember that at one time the ignorance of not knowing was what fueled the mob, and a mob it was, when provoked by bible thumpers and boredom."
Meet "Alexi", not your typical teenage girl, as she invites you into her world in the small town of "Ravenswood". Alexi has suffered a loss, but despite her hidden sadness, she manages to find a shining light in the darkness as she goes on an adventure of a lifetime. Alexi is soon to discover her witchy past and along with her best friend "Logan" and the mysterious new boy who moves to town, that of "Kyle Huntington" , things are set into motion and all of Ravenswood secrets are soon to be uncovered. "Stuff & Things and what boredom brings" is book one in "a witches tale" series by paranormal author Rue Volley (Blood & Light Vampire Series/ Razor Saga/Vampire Fetish series). It is sure to delight with its humour and unexpected twists and turns. This story embraces witchcraft and other paranormal what-not's.
The Review
WOW just WOW, Miss Rue Volley has taken us on yet another of her fantastic journeys into her head, I love it, I want to move in there Please, I don't mind pitching a tent, if that's what it takes, What can I say about A Witches Tale, The characters were just perfect, The star for me was Alexi, she was so funny at times, but then had moments of total anguish, Logan her sidekick in crime, well he was so funny, he came across as a bit gay to start with, but then you realise his utter devotion to Alexi, I adored her dad and so wish mine was like that, he was very open and down with the kids , loved A Witches Tale, can you tell? One of my favourite parts was the chat about Condoms, every girl's worst nightmare's the "sex" chat, Rue made me cringe along with Alexi when her dad started going through it with her, I loved everything about this book, I got a little confused about the 100 years part at the beginning but hey, I read on and it was so worth it, it soon became apparent what that was all about, I got stuck in and never looked back, I really was not expecting Kyle to be what he was, I was so shocked, I knew he would be different but was so not expecting that, especially after reading other books Rue has written, I was expecting a vampire, I was not disappointed though, I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a good laugh, a great adventure, to shed a tear or two, or generally just wants a great book, look no further, I would happily let my daughter read this and she is 12, I really want book 2 NOW Pretty Please with fairy dust on top, you cannot leave it like that, does he or doesn't he? Will we ever find out, I give this book 5/5
on 31 December 2012
The Review
WOW just WOW, Miss Rue has taken us on yet another of her fantastic journeys into her head, I love it, I want to move in there Please, I don't mind pitching a tent, if that's what it takes, What can I say about A Witches Tale, The characters were just perfect, The star for me was Alexi, she was so funny at times, but then had moments of total anguish, Logan her sidekick in crime, well he was so funny, he came across as a bit gay to start with, but then you realise his utter devotion to Alexi, I adored her dad and so wish mine was like that, he was very open and down with the kids , loved A Witches Tale, can you tell? One of my favourite parts was the chat about Condoms, every girl's worst nightmare's the "sex" chat, Rue made me cringe along with Alexi when her dad started going through it with her, I loved everything about this book, I got a little confused about the 100 years part at the beginning but hey, I read on and it was so worth it, it soon became apparent what that was all about, I got stuck in and never looked back, I really was not expecting Kyle to be what he was, I was so shocked, I knew he would be different but was so not expecting that, especially after reading other books Rue has written, I was expecting a vampire, I was not disappointed though, I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a good laugh, a great adventure, to shed a tear or two, or generally just wants a great book, look no further, I would happily let my daughter read this and she is 12, I really want book 2 NOW Pretty Please with fairy dust on top, you cannot leave it like that, does he or doesn't he? Will we ever find out, I give this book 5/5
on 15 August 2012
This review may contain spoilers
I was given this for an honest review by the author
on 25 February 2015
This book is amazing,
Everything about it is wow!
You need this book in your life!