Customer reviews

on 9 May 1997
John f. O'Hanlon is so thorough,
and has so much to offer. Whether the reader is
an engineer or an operator of a vacuum system
there is plenty here for each.
This is a reference book, so never lend it to anyone!
on 2 July 1998
Thankful we found more complete data on vacuum system.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 April 2000
There is no question that the exhaustive detail of this book is seriously refreshing. I have to confess to knowing very little, if anything, about the subject but I was left in no doubt that if I could have understood this book it would have had the answer to all my questions. But it's not just for specialists, despite its intimidating title. The illustrations are great, mindful of early Blyton, and the index is expertly alphabetized. I can't recommend it highly enough. If I have one criticism it is that the font is sometimes distracting and the angle of hanging punctuation occasionally an irritation. Small beer, just read it.
on 16 May 1997
I borrowed this book from a colleague here at Applied Materials. After looking at it for a few minutes, I offered to buy it from him. Of course, he refused. So here I am at Amazon (physically at work) to purchase the book. It is extremely practical and I intend to keep it here at work as a reference for problems I encounter. By the way, my web address is [...] Please feel free to visit or email me.