Customer reviews

on 16 May 2014
This is a book for debate and as Steve Chalke says " it is not a definitive answer but an on going dialogue". It poses some challenging and interesting views around which to base such dialogue. This is a subject we cannot ignore and which we need to continue to wrestle with as it impacts on our communities.
on 15 June 2013
An honest and very needed discussion on homosexuality. This needed saying for so long and has restored some of my faith that there are still some Christians who follow the teachings of Christ, that we are all God's children and equally loved by Him.
on 18 January 2013
Having followed the comments and teachings of the Revd Steve Chalk over the years. I was delighted and challenged to hear what was his perspective on this very important and sensitive subject. Although I have met the Revd only once I was and have always been impressed by his character, work and words, now I add to this list COURAGE. Sir you have given me a lot to think about and I applaud you for this thought provoking study. My hope is that every responsible Christian would take time to read and reflect on what the Reverend has written.
on 10 February 2013
Thank you, Steve, for your courage, integrity and compassion. I have waited many years for a mainstream church leader in the UK to finally accept and confront this tragedy and travesty of justice endemic in the established church. Now what we need is a compassionate, intelligent and brave resource for christian youth leaders to use to address this issue - there is a worrying gap in the market for such material, with potentially devastating consequences.
on 15 January 2013
I found this helpful and challenging. He tackles the issue of gay relationships but wider than that and more importantly, in my view, how we understand and interpret Scripture..
on 15 January 2013
Love this but there are some problems with format, sentences stop mid way then carry on after 2 or 3 unrelated paragraphs. I really wanted to read this so persevered and it's definitely worth it. Feel so inspired and relieved that someone has actually had the guts to address this subject sensibly. As a young girl I watched a documentary about a young Christian man who was gay but couldn't resolve his faith and his sexuality (which was heavily influenced by church teaching) and because of this he took his own life. Ever since then I have felt a burden for the LGBT community. I believe this paper will bring release, peace and freedom for so many. Let's hope and pray the church takes on board the heart of this paper; inclusion.
on 22 January 2014
I downloaded this on kindle and my initial comment is that the formatting is dreadful with footnotes masquerading as paragraphs and very little making sense until you find where the foot note ends and the next paragraph starts.

As for content, this is a controversial read, with much of what Chalke says making sense. This doesn't mean I necessarily share his end conclusion completely but anyone seriously seeking to represent the love of God and the Gospel of Christ without the harsh judgementalism of 20th century Christianity should read this.
on 23 March 2013
Steve approaches the on going conversation where it must begin, from the interpretation of scripture and context. This then allows the reader much more of a gauge to pin point their position, and for some, condemnation.

We are seeing more and more the reinterpretation of the Bible as Steve began to explore. Well played Rev Chalke. A great first step. The rest is ours to tread.
on 14 February 2013
Very thought provoking I will read more about subject another time when I have more time .

was very well written & his views were well thought out my views may differ but need more time to consider subject.
Before I decide.
on 2 March 2013
This has made me re-examine my views and attitudes. There is no doubt in my mind God loves everybody whoever they fancy!! Jesus sort out the marginalised do we do the same?