Customer reviews

on 26 April 2012
A book and a life full of energy and talent. Every page is a joy - and the personal written pieces are really rather nice. Every time I look through it ( which is daily ) I notice something else ..... the runner's hair, the necklace....the dog sniffing around the pavement. Advice from me........buy this book - it is worth every last penny - and then some more ! No... actually.....buy two and give one to a friend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 8 November 2010
Give me a break, Rolfe Harris, artist? No some guy who used to do stuff as a fill in or work on animal programmes, you remember now, slapped paint on a canvas with a two inch brush, sang songs about three legged blokes and looked worried all of the time whenever something like a hysterectomy was undertaken on a hamster: yes that bloke.

What changed my view on this man was seeing one of his exhibitions and as a non arty type of chap, I could not believe how good his work was. Everything from animals (really good) through to still life. What did worry me is the sheer volume of work Mr Harris has produced, but all of it is really attractive work, which like the man himself appears to appeal to everyone. Sadly I couldn't afford one of the originals and despite the fact that I could afford a replica print (not cheap at around £1000 for a lioness my wife desperately wanted me to buy, I opted instead for this book. Simply breathtaking is how I would rate this book: it encapsulates the spirit of this simply amazing man, who, if like me, you cannot afford to purchase his work, through this book you are able to appreciate the breadth of his extraordinary talent as an artist: to the point that it is more than a coffee table item, it is one of those books that you can pick up and skim through for that odd five minutes, or take a leisurely read through on a rainy day.

Simply breathtaking, sums it up.
44 Comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2011
A purely delightful 750 pages of beautiful, colourful painting done by Rolf throughout his life. The book also gives an insight into the way he collects reference material for his paintings and some background as to how paintings came about. Good value for money.
on 6 March 2011
This book is amazing, not only are there lots of paintings by Rolf, his style and colour show what a true artist he is and so talented. I cannot tire of looking through the book again and again and as an artist myself it has inspired me to my own works of art. I can definately reccomend this book to any lover of Rolf harris works and even those who have not discovered him yet.
on 30 January 2011
could never afford to own a Rolf Harris original so this is next best thing . To have his lifes work in one book with his memories and stories.
on 1 February 2013
I love this book. Superb paintings done over a number of years along with interesting artists comments. I read it from cover to cover and will return to it many times.
on 3 March 2013
Rolf Harris is without a doubt one of my favourite artists...if not my favourite. I grew up watching him on TV and I have always loved his work.
This book is a magnificent collection of his work with loads of information on him and his various techniques.
For anyone interested in art or interested in learning new techniques you should get this book.
on 27 April 2013
Harris is a far better artist than people of my generation who associate him with children's TV might suspect. This is a lovely book and a good read as well as fine presentation of his work.
on 13 March 2013
I bought this book as a gift for my wife.She loves it The quality of the printing is excellent.Would recommend it to anyone
on 24 March 2013
Purchased the book because we have an interest in Rolf's paintings. it gives a comprehensive viewing of all his paintings.