Customer reviews

A Higher Authority
Format: Kindle Edition|Change

A brand new AUTHOR at last, a great change from all the regular authors and I LOVE it.

Neville J. Anderson-Budd
on 20 May 2014
A great read that moves along at a superb pace. Funny, real, down to earth with some great twists and turns. A superb holiday read

on 21 January 2016
Barrie Hyde is a new author to me and he is good, very good.This book is excellent and held my attention from start to finish and I enjoyed it just as much as books by the long-established fiction authors that I normally read. My wife is also reading the book and is finding it just as enjoyable. "A Higher Authority" is the first book in a trilogy and I ave already bought the second book, "My Enemy's Enemy".
on 10 April 2016
Heard about this book on radio Oxford, interview with Barrie Hyde. Was so interesting that I ordered both of his books. Could not put them down, read in a week
on 6 June 2014
What a great book!! The suspense kept me going right to the end! Really enjoyed it, I would recommend! :)
on 2 July 2014
An entertaining read, with lots of twists and turns. I would highly recommend.
on 9 April 2016
Love these books, had to keep purchasing, thoroughly enjoyed
on 24 July 2014
This is an excellent story of international industrial espionage. It's exciting and keeps you gripped with so many twists and turns that you don't expect. If it was a film (it would make a great one!) it's final very surprising turn of events would be missed by those cretins that start searching for their shoes, coats and dropped packets of sweets long before the titles come up!
A must read, would make a brilliant Bond-type film.
on 23 May 2014
Great book for holiday reading keeps you interested right till the end. Well done Barrie for your first novel enjoyed it very much.
on 20 May 2014
Barrie Hyde's newly released "A Higher Authority" is fast moving, entertaining and a bit of a thriller in places. You get to know and love the characters and just hope that one day you will indeed find out their true identity.

We follow the story of Jonathan and Zan as they put the world to rights whilst working for "The Organisation" an unknown Security Service that is working flat out to keep us safe in our beds. The story travels around the globe at a seriously fast pace and you need to read right to the end to discover what is really happening.

If you are off on holiday shortly, I would recommend that you pop this into your luggage or onto your Kindle. You won't be disappointed.