Customer reviews

A Hard Day's Night [VINYL]
Format: Vinyl|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 March 2017
There's very little that can be said about the Beatles that hasn't already be said and I guess that anyone buying this album will already know what a brilliant album this is. Other reviewers have offered opinions on the improved sound quality that the re-issues offer and I can't really add to that. One thing that I particularly like about the new CD format is, however, the packaging of the albums themselves...rather than a cheap looking plastic box with inlays, this comes in a really nice cardboard gate-fold, booklet style cover and is, in that regard, quite reminiscent of the 12" format (only much smaller, obviously). Also there is a certain uniformity to the packaging across the entire back catalogue - every album from Please Please Me through to Let It Be (the White Album notwithstanding, for obvious reasons) share certain design features, so if you buy the full set they look great on the shelf
VINE VOICEon 15 January 2015
A Hard Day's Night is, I think, the best of the early period Beatles albums and sits smack iN the middle of the five releases that make up this section of their career. A "Difficult Third Album" this is not- Indeed they didn't really experience a "Difficult" phase until ...For Sale, later in 1964. No, AHDN is Beatlemania the album that is all you would need to play to a kid today who is just finding their way in the world to convince them that The Beatles fully deserve their Number One... ever status.
Quite simply this is the perfect pop album. Two killer singles in the title track and Can't Buy Me Love and at least one single-that-never-was in Anytime At All. There isn't a filler in sight, everything is (If I Fell's vocal crack up aside) note perfect and superbly crafted.
The essential early period Beatles album.
on 19 July 2015
The Beatles first (and best) movie encapsulates the whole mood of Beatlemania and it's all thanks to the wonderful songs contained on the soundtrack.From that unforgettable guitar chord which starts A Hard Days Night to Johns wheezy harmonica on I Should Have Known Better to Georges guitar break on And I Love Her to Pauls vocal on Can't Buy Me Love, everybody has a favourite moment and a favourite song contained on this stupendous soundtrack but it doesn't end there.Turn the album over and we get Pauls marvellous Things We Said Today and Johns You Can't Do That but my two favourites are I'll Cry Instead which shamefully didn't make the final cut of the movie and the closing track Johns wonderful I'll Be Back(surely one of the ten best Beatles songs ever written). A shamelessly perfect pop record.
on 14 August 2017
I first saw this album when it came out originally when I was five in my uncles house. I was captivated by the cover and an aunt took me to all three Beatles films as they came out.
I had this and the rest on cd, I'm near sixty now and decided to buy all of the records on vinyl, I started with this. The sound on my Sony seven speaker is awesome, I hear things I never imagined were on there. Made an old man happy.
on 14 July 2017
Fab Four sound smashing as if they were in my Lounge. Wish I could have gone to their concert but alas I was only 5. My Nanny's Teen girlsade me momoruse She Loves You. I still remember the timeless words.
on 7 October 2017
A Hard day's Night is ideal, I really like the sound and songs from the sixties. Very happy and would recommend.
on 7 August 2017
Classic early Beatles showing a new found maturity in original songwriting. Great!
on 22 June 2017
great album. missed it first time around. gald I picked up on it again
on 17 June 2017
One of the best Beatles albums ever!! It is more than 50 years old now, but it still sounds as if it was just yesterday it was composed!
on 3 March 2017
Quite old fashioned but they do have quite a familiar sound