Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 23 November 2010
The problem with this book is that I didn't like the heroine, Chloe Nichols. She was OK in her own way, had some friends who liked her, was a good boss to her one staff member in the magic shop that she ran, but unfortunately she seemed rather lacking in personal morality in terms of using her new-found magic. Chloe doesn't seem to see much wrong with using magic to influence others around her - to encourage a man to propose to her, for example; and that's only the beginning. What if the man to whom she is now engaged isn't actually her intended man - and what if she bumps into that man a day later? Well, as Chloe seems very happy to do what suits her, that doesn't seem to be too much of a problem. Break off with Fiancé and start a fling with new man.

Of course there's more to the story than that, and Chloe does come to a realisation in due course that her behaviour is wrong (although she appears to realise this for selfish reasons too - because she will never know if the man loves her for herself or because she's enchanted him to); Chloe also tries to help a young woman who needs her assistance, even if this involves snooping around in her boyfriend's home and into a room that he keeps private. Once again, Chloe irritated me with her apparent blithe disregard of good behaviour, which outweighed the positives about her.

There were other side-characters in this book which I felt weren't ever fully developed. In fact, the scenes with Verda and Alice and the others were pretty dull. Still the book wasn't boring but I did find myself struggling to sympathise with Chloe because of her behaviour and the hero always felt rather distant and indistinct.

Originally published for Curled Up With A Good Book © Helen Hancox 2010
on 16 June 2014
If you like a bit of romance and a touch of magic this book is the one for you. I have had all the books in this range and all were different using different parts of the family as the key subject. Great relaxing read
on 20 October 2014
LOVED this book. Very very funny but also deep enough to really catch the attention. It's a quick read but that stands very much in it's favour because it means when you simply can't put it down you will be able to finish it and still get up for work the next day.
Magic and fantasy woven skillfully into the real world with just enough believability to make the author's world come to life. Well written and edited, it maintains pace throughout and comes to a satisfying conclusion after tying up all the loose ends but still leaving plenty of scope for a sequel. (hint hint Ms Madison!)
on 8 February 2015
I have a compulsive disorder that makes me finish reading any book I start. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised that a book I started out hating turns out to be a grower. This wasn't one of those times. Sorry to be blunt about it!
on 9 March 2014
I read recent reviews on this book and almost didn't buy it, but I did and although I felt the beginning was boring, slow and felt as others have said that Chloe wasn't very likeable., the book actually improved with some weird happenings that made you want to forge ahead with finishing the book which I did and found it quite a pleasant read and the story about Mari the young girl that kept visiting her shop kept me guessing. All in all was a good book.
on 15 September 2014
Wow, what a read. This book was on offer so I thought, why not, give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised, it had me gripped and I read it in two days! I'm now off to buy more of Tracy's books! Will recommend to anyone :)
on 27 August 2014
Loved this book. It's the happy ending that every girl dreams of.
I started reading this yesterday evening. Finished it this evening.
Love the magical side to it and the ghost side.
The characters were all lovely and you learn to love them and feel the love they had for each other.

Now to read your other book that has Verda in it!. :)
on 2 December 2014
I absolutely loved it , it was so gripping and compelling and had many ups and downs and it was one of those that I couldn't put down , it took me right into that world , what a great read I'm upset it's over so quick now
on 31 August 2013
This was another great book in the series with every book you learn a little bit more about the family and get to know each character more. Well worth reading. A laugh and box of chops book.
on 12 April 2014
Good stories, clever characters and a general lighthearted story to lose yourself in. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone who likes a love story with a supernatural twist.