on 29 July 2014
I made this dress for a wedding! Having measured and cut the pattern to the sizing on the packet, I found the bodice was too big and I wish I had cut a smaller size. I took the bodice in at all the seams however the shoulder straps were a little to far apart. Instead of cutting the facings I cut the whole dress out in lining (poly-cotton) and lined the whole dress, which made it very comfortable to wear. I also used an invisible zip and added my own belt. An easy pattern, but I recommend testing the size with some scrap or lining fabric first. I cut the sweetheart neckline and the v back, and made it in a 3% stretch cotton.
on 20 April 2014
I rate this pattern 5 stars. An easy pattern to follow. I used a cotton material of licorice allsorts. it didn't take long to make this dress as very easy pattern. would recommend this pattern to anyone.
on 10 January 2015
The sizing on the packet is not right. From her measurements, my size 8 friend was a size 12. When I used the size 12 pattern, the dress created was way too big. On the other hand, I, as a complete beginner, managed to make a decent dress from this pattern. If you are a beginner, I'd advise using cotton or another non stretch fabric, as they are easier to work with.
on 24 May 2013
This pattern is just like all the other patterns. A UK size 10 is a sewing pattern size 14 so bear this in mind when you are cutting out your pieces.
on 29 April 2014
The wife bought this,as she hasn't done dress making for some years,found the various patterns in one sheet,a bit confusing,loves the styles,and,with help from her daughter will get the hang of it.(I think the last pattern used must have been on parchment)
on 30 May 2015
Only made the bag so far to go with a dress from another pattern. Was a little fiddly and took nearly as long as a lined dress! Looks great and was easy to make up. Have had a look through the dress pattern, and it is the first time in 40 years of sewing that I have seen a pattern that uses 3/8" seam allowance........just made me wonder why when the bag pattern has the usual allowance.
on 27 February 2015
Created this in a tartan and then a velvet fabric and it looks stunning in both fabrics. I have been complemented numerous times on them. I tend to wear them with a thin shirt underneath. The pattern is to size but bear in mind that sizes in the shops are inaccurate nowadays as they lead you to believe you are a size smaller than you are. It is easy to follow this pattern as there is nothing complicated about it. Overall I am very impressed.
on 8 March 2015
An easy pattern to follow. The sizings aren't quite right. You really do need to measure the person the dress is for. The sizings are a little small.
on 23 May 2015
I used the pattern to teach a young lady to cut out and make a dress.She was successful - the pattern works well.
on 8 October 2014