on 17 June 2011
Whilst the light it gives out is good and lights the kindle perfectly I feel it shouldn't be included in the search for a kindle light as the base that clips on to the kindle is rather big and it is difficult to attach it without obscuring some of the screen and once the batteries are in (which they obviously need to be!) it is quite heavy so makes the kindle very lopsided and uncomfortable to hold and read.
on 28 September 2011
product did not work. light comes on but off switch did not function so unable to turn off without removing battery. 7dayshop replaced 3 times but same problem for each item. If switch could be sorted then product would be OK for Kindle
on 15 June 2011
I got the Clip on LED light for my Kindle in March of 2011. Its been four months since then but I must've used the light less than 10 times.
It seemed good at first, but later (maybe after 5 uses) the bendy neck became loose and wouldnt stay in one place.
Yesterday, I tried using the light again, only to find that its stopped working and the batteries were overheating. I tried replacing the battery with new ones, but they wouldnt work either.
I would not recommend this to anyone. Dont get carried away by the price (its increased by £2 since I purchased it) instead go for something that is of a better quality.
Unfortunately Amazon doesnt have a negative rating and I am stuck with giving 1 out of 5 stars. If I had it my way, I'd give it -1 instead!
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2011
This was very cheap - and it shows. The battery cover wouldn't close when batteries were put in, and I had to hold it shut with a rubber band. Then on the second use, the goose-neck light first swung round to the back of my Kindle,then completely FELL OFF; and it wouldn't work at all when i put the neck-light back into the main body.
SO now I have a useless light. It would cost more to send it back than I paid for it, so I guess the bin can have it. Live and learn: buy cheap, get cheap!
on 19 March 2011
I have had a few items from 7dayshop and they have always been quick, efficient, helpful and friendly. I deal with them if there is a choice. This product was excellent. I bought a Kindle for my daughter for christmas and bought this to go with it. It is very much cheaper than other models, arrived quickly and works well.
on 29 October 2011
This is unbelievably cheap.
It works.
It is poorly engineered and the battery cover will be difficult to replace, or break whist attempting to do so.
If you attempt to clip it onto your Kindle, it will either cover a significant amount of the screen, or fall off as not enough of its clip can grip on to the body.
I expect I shall find a way of bodging it, but sold as "Ideal For Your Kindle" is somewhat exaggerating.
on 15 April 2011
I bought this item to use for my Kindle... within 5 mins of recieving the product the battery cover broke and will now only stay on with sellotape.

On the up side, it works still. no other problems. If there is a better made product out there that may cost a bit more, i'd go for that to be honest!
on 19 July 2011
First of all this has nothing to do with 7dayshop whose customer service was excellent.
But I tried two of these clip on lights, and both times the battery case would not stay closed once opened to insert batteries. The cover is flimsy and cheap.
I'm really disappointed...
on 4 March 2011
I have tried various lamps for clamping on books before, and hoped this one would stand being carried around in a bag somewhat better. It has. It is sturdy and reliable, if a bit klutsy. Unfortunately it still takes up more room in my bag than I would like, and there is no handy little carrier bag I can find to keep it handy and away from the tangle of keys, wallet, bus pass, kindle and other items jangling around with it.
It would be good if the makers of kindle could invent a smaller, more portable light, but for now this is the best one I have found.
on 18 April 2011
Actually, for the money it's a very useful light. I bought it for my kindle and it does clip on - but if you clip it on too far it covers the text at the top, and if you don't clip it on far enough, it can fall off!