Style: Nano Sim|Size: 6GB|Change
Price:£17.69+ Free shipping

on 21 August 2015
Ok... I'm one of those who kept reading about this data sim... but because other buyers had bad experiences with set up, was put off.
I have a white Huawei mifi (bought 2 - 3 years ago) and though it is unlocked, have always bought Three data sims as they are SO easy to activate - pop in and go. However, after seeing the price of these sims go up, decided to take a chance of this EE 3 month 4G data sim...
So - it is not as easy as a Three BUT it was not that hard for me to set up... I ordered the Combi Standard/Micro sim.

My devices are: Huawei Mifi (takes STANDARD sim), Samsung Note 10.1 (wifi only), Note 8 (4lite/wifi - on Asda sim - takes MICRO sim), Note 1 (virgin EE sim), IPad Air (wifi only)

Please note that ALL my devices are unlocked... and this is now I did it.
Turned off my home wifi connection on my Note 8 and turned my device off. Took out existing MICRO sim, and replaced with EE data MICRO Sim (push it out of the Standard). Turned my device on and then turned on Mobile Data. Went onto the net and registered the sim (you can ignore all but have to enter an e-mail and mobile number).. done.
Turned my Note 8 off, took out the MICRO sim, and re inserted my Asda sim.
Put the MICRO sim back into the STANDARD, and inserted this into my Mifi (making a note of the Huawei password key).
Turned my mifi on. Note 10.1, Ipad Air and Note 8 found the Huawei WiFi (on scanning) and connected without password key.
Note 1 did the same, but needed the mifi password key.
All my devices are connected. I have noticed that the upload speeds are a little slower than my home WIFI... however, I live in a village, and I have a slow upload when Virgin and Asda mobile data. I use the MIFI when i'm on the move with my wifi devices only ... usually in the countryside riding out. I will test the speeds over the weekend, and give an updated review.
This review is from: EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Combi Sim
Best value for PAYG internet/data for tablets. We use this on one of our nexus 7 2013 models and find coverage of 4g excellent. Speeds vary but get approx 25mbps down and 8mbps up. Brilliant. We find 6gb lasts fine for surfing, email, FB, and general YouTube use. Works out at approx £5 / month for 3 months @ 2Gb / month. If my son uses more, he just has to buy another one a bit earlier than 3 months time. We've bought several of these over the years and never had a problem. Will be trying the trick of clicking the proceed after registration link before registering to save some time as it is pointless registering really.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2017
This is a brilliant product, I use it in a Huawei dongle, gives me 28 mg download speed. I was a little bit wary of not being able to track delivery on amazon, but , no need, It arrived quickly First class post, well packaged and documented. Many first users are confused how to activate it, but this supplier includes detailed instructions on how to do it. which none of the other suppliers have done. So thank you.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 May 2015
EE are such a pain, unlike 3 I can't just put the sim in my MIFI and go. I have to register the sim with all my personal details before I can use it. The plus side is this is easy to do and the connectivity has proven to better than 3 in my region. The generous data allowance for the price is also much better than my PAYG 3 sim.
on 18 June 2017
An absolute pain to set up ...

Would be good if ee perhaps told you that written on the packet is the one absolutely vital piece of information - loads of other numbers written all over the place but all irrelevant. If you throw the packet away before you have set up sim is useless.
on 25 December 2015
Good, painless PAYG. But you must register, its a very simple registeration & you'll be good to go.
Quick delivery, sealed well.

Message to seller => Please continue selling these at same price or lower :) Thanks.
on 28 March 2017
I bought this to use in my car as if has a wifi hot spot, I wanted 90 days as it won't be used often, the questions lead me to believe 90 days but it's only 30. Should be clearer.
on 15 March 2017
Product itself ok but shop around. This card has risen in price quite a bit over the year. I would have given it 5 stars had it not been for the price rise. Don't think they can blame Brexit for this.
on 29 March 2017
Got what I ordered, at a reasonable price, delivered quickly. Thank you
on 31 May 2017
6GB guzzled up in no time!!! 400MB used in 30minutes, and all I did was check mails, look at news... Never watched videos!