on 22 May 2008
I snapped a ligament in my knee and my physiotherapist asked me to have a go on one of these.

I think the idea was that it would improve proprioreception (i.e. our ability to balance and know what our body is doing when our eyes are closed) and this in turn would reduce the risk of reinjuring the knee.

I did consider my balance to be okay, e.g. I can walk along scaffold poles without holding on to something, but still I found balancing on a wobble board to be quite a challenge. As such I still feel motivated to use it, months later.

If you have zero balance you can use it whilst holding on to something. I would have given 5 stars but £27 for a bit of wood seems a bit steep. It probably helps skateboarding/surfing ability but I am not so cool as to be able to confirm that.
56 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 5 September 2013
I bought this wobble board to try and help deal with my knee pain - caused by flat-footedness, age and regular running and distance walking.

Just trying to balance on it is great fun and I love it. I can see how it is good for ankle and hip injuries as most of the strength required to balance seems to come from those areas. However, I can't say it has helped my knee (leg exercises I found of Google Play for my mobile phone have helped more). Nevertheless, I don't regret the purchase as the board is fun and very good for loosening up the legs prior to a run.

The board comes with a very good DVD demonstrating the various exercises though, to be honest, it is mainly about balancing. I am only at about 15 seconds so still have a long way to go before the suggested 1 minute balance time. Then I will be able to move to squats and more difficult balancing.

The board is sturdily built and the delivery was very fast.

It is a very enjoyable piece of kit and I am addicted to balancing on it throughout the day - mainly in front of the telly.

One piece of advice, it may well make a dent in your carpet or expensive flooring. Get a carpet tile, lino offcut, or even a ceramic tile to place under it to save the dents.
on 31 May 2014
My Chiropractor suggested I bought this to help with my balance and core strength. 15 minutes a day has amazing results. I was told that it would take 4 months but I did notice the difference within 3 weeks.
I bought the 40cm Board and wondered if it would be too big but it is perfect because you can place your feet further apart or closer together which affects the difficulty range.
The base is wood and can be slippery, so I bought a Pilates/Yoga mat which helps stop it swivelling around too much. Perfect!
Stand either close to a wall or the back of the sofa, because if you do suddenly lurch you will have something to rebalance yourself.
This is a wonderful piece of kit and well worth the money and 15 minutes a day!
on 7 May 2014
I was so pleased at how much of a challenge this was as I have tried some in the past that are quite easy to master. This is taking some time to get confident on and in the meantime I can feel the affect it has on my legs and my balance is improving. Quite whether I'll ever get to the press-ups etc. I don't know but in the meantime this is very sturdy (am not a small lady) and I think is a great way of having a bit of fun and helping yourself at the same time. We have it in the living room and each time we walk in and out we just have to have a go!
on 11 October 2011
This wobble board is very well made and robust, albeit a difficult wobble board to balance on. It sits in front of the TV so that we can practice regularly. Good non-slip surface on top that works with trainers or bare feet. It is a great tool for building core strength as well as building up weak ankles and lower legs.
12 people found this helpful
on 12 October 2014
Bought this to strengthen ankles and improve general balance for martial arts. An excellent piece of kit - very well made and solid in feel. However, as someone who is reasonably fit already, I feel I should have gone for the smaller (more difficult) board - so only go for the larger one if you are an absolute beginner at this sort of thing, as you will pick it up pretty quickly.
One person found this helpful
on 1 March 2015
I use this at work with a standing desk. Its awesome. keeps you moving and helps strengthen your core with out you having to put in focused effort.
It gets shared between a few people so has weight on it for about 8 - 9 hours a day.

Pro tip: Put something under it to stop it from ruining your floor.
It focuses all your weight down to a 3x3cm point. For someone like me at 110KG thats alot of pounds per inch for a normal carpet.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 March 2015
Excellent item, helps with both balance and with lower body fitness and flexibility. I have mine in the kitchen and use it while the kettle boils. If your balance is very poor, start with the wider model and move to this one later.
I started doing Tai Chi too, and the board helps with the deliberate awareness of the shifting of weight from one side of the body to the other.
on 15 November 2012
This wobble board has worked wonders for both my ankles and I honestly can't recommend it enough!!

I have always had trouble with `rolling' my ankles when playing football and for anyone that plays a lot of football, this can be one of the most frustrating injuries as the injury can rear its ugly head at any given time!!

I can't stand missing even an evening's worth of football so decided that I needed to take some action so decided to purchase a wobble board on a recommendation. It turned out to be the best possible decision I could have made. I could feel the strength in both ankles increasing after every use and within a week, I had the confidence to return to playing football and haven't looked back since!!

I still regularly use the wobble board (twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening) to keep my ankles as strong as possible and reduce the risk of injuring either of my ankles again so the board has easily paid for itself and then some!!

Last bit of advice I can give if you are contemplating buying this wobble board is to do it! I can 100% guarantee that you won't regret it!!!
on 7 September 2012
I was told by my physio to strengthen my ankle after suffering for years with a weak ankle after twisting it running for a bus at the age of 14. I do a lot of running(4x week) and regularly cause some minor injury. I stopped hopping around on it to strengthen it and bought this wobble board. There are loads to choose from and after reading the reviews thought the small ones were too small.

Very happy with my purchase. It really is a challenge. It also strengthens your abs, great for core stability and push ups. Flat enough to store under the bed. If I don't use if often my ankle goes back to playing up again. Highly recommended.66Fit Wobble Board - Pvc Surface66Fit Wobble Board - Pvc Surface
One person found this helpful