on 18 November 2013
The lock works fine, and although there are no instructions on changing the combination, it's not difficult to work out.
Undo the lock, turn the black collar, set your new combination, turn the collar back to original position and that's it!
Only criticism is it's a bit short, and it doesn't have a mounting bracket, so you need to wrap it round your handlebars when not it use.
on 26 June 2016
Instructions for use: Open with default code all the zeros., when open twist black barrel next to combination numbers, input new code, twist black barrel back again, engage lock, scramble numbers and check. You should have your new code if not repeat paying attention to twisting the barrel.
I've given the 3 stars because of the lack of sensible instructions you certainly will not need safety equipment or to keep children away to use the product as stated in the only instructions on the pack. I certainly didn't need any safety specs lol good job I knew how to work it
on 17 January 2014
This has just arrived and I really am impressed. I waivered over the 5 star as it reall is something I want to last and we've only used it once so I can't tell. BUT it is solid and easy to work and reset. My eight year only used it easily and is very happy with reading the numbers (pretty clear really) and colour. So I will perhaps report back if it falls apart but looking at it and feeling it I don't think that will be a problem.
on 13 August 2016
Got this for my daughter's bike. Probably wouldn't trust it for an expensive bike or in a rough area as its pretty thin. But as a kids lock, its good enough.

Works well and always opens when unlocked etc.
on 25 January 2014
I wanted a cheap, light lock to prevent my bike being 'borrowed' from a relatively secure location at work. This is the cheapest lock that I could find that has a resettable code; it fits the bill perfectly. The bright colour means that I can locate it easily if I leave it overnight on the bike rack at work. Be aware that the 10mm overall diameter is not the same as the diameter of the actual steel core - I would estimate that the core is 6mm. This lock will not prevent anyone with any kind of wire cutters from taking you bike, but it will prevent casual theft.
on 3 April 2012
I ordered two different locks for each of my children, which looked virtually the same in terms of specification. This one does the job and works fine (once you have worked out how to change the combination). Instructions would have been useful. The number dials are OK but not shaped, so not so easy to turn, and the white against pink is readable but could be clearer.
on 26 December 2013
Re-setting the number to something easy to remember is simple. (But don't use a credit card number!)

Does not come with a holder/clip for the cycle as almost all other cycle locks now have. Only just long enough for many purposes.
on 16 August 2014
Great little lock for using in the school bike sheds, chain is long enough and the dial is easy to set and open - my 8 year old has no problems. yes no instructions for setting it but it is dead obvious
on 9 July 2014
I read other review and instruction they gave here. I think I did it right but not sure what happened. After I took the lock out, turned to reset position, set the number and turned back to normal position I couldn't put the lock back in.

I turned to reset position again hopefully to erase everything but it didn't work. Cut the story short, I wasted like half an hour fighting with solid metal then I finally use some brain.

I turned each number and look through the key hold tried to make them all straight groove(without any teeth in a way) so I can put the lock back in.

Surprisingly the number turn out nowhere near what I had set(surely I did something wrong without knowing it!) Tehn I can turn it to reset position and set the number again. Now it works! Thanks goodness!
on 2 March 2013
I really liked this bike lock once I'd figured out how to release it from its packaging (it doesn't come with any instructions). I did email the seller for some device but they've never responded to me. It is pretty easy to use though, once you know how!