Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6000mAh (2A Output) Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Galaxy Tab 4 3 2, Pro, Nexus, HTC One, MOTO X G, LG Optimus, PS Vita, Gopro, most other Phones and Tablets
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- PowerIQTM technology maximizes compatibility with Android, Apple or other devices by enabling charge speeds of up to 2 amps.
- 6000 mAh of capacity and an energy efficiency rate 10% above previous generation Astros and many current standard alternatives charges the iPhone three times and large-capacity phones like the Galaxy S4 almost twice.
- A "shake" starts a charge or displays the remaining power level. The ultra-low power consumption (100000 shakes consume less than 1%) 10-LED power meter balances accuracy and aesthetics.
- Sturdy construction and matte finish withstand bumps and drops. Grade A cells and premium chips ensure reliability. Input: 5V / 1A; Use a 1A adapter (not included) with the included USB cable for the fastest charging time (6 hours).
- Package contents: Anker® 2nd Generation Astro External Battery, micro USB cable, user manual, 18-month hassle-free warranty. (Apple 30 pin and lightning adapters, Samsung 30-pin adapter not included)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Within 24 hours of this review Anker contacted me and arranged for a replacement. Unfortunately this had the same issue however Anker immediately offered a refund (and don't worry about sending either of them back), or to replace it with the 9000mAh model. Incredibly good customer service, which is consistent with the other reviews here. I'm sure they'll resolve the problems with this model, and in the meantime keep replacing faulty units with no argument. It's the perfect size for a pocket so it's worth waiting for. The 1200mAh model I bought is absolutely fine.
Anker contacted me again to send me an updated unit free of charge to test. They've fixed the USB problem and the new unit works perfectly, hence I've changed my review to five stars. They've kept in touch to check that I'm happy with it. Anker customer service is astoundingly good and I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their products.
As somebody else said: "I bought this a month ago to recharge my iPhone while traveling. It worked great for just under a month. Now the device itself won't charge. I've tried different cables and tried to charge it via a wall adapter and through my laptop. Nothing. The LED lights won't turn on at all. I'm incredibly disappointed in this product."
All I can add is that I got a second one and the same thing happened, but in less than a week. Not sure if I'll see if "3rd time lucky". They look the part! Lovely look and feel.
Later: yes I tried a third. It lasted two weeks then died. Maybe a bad batch but I'd be a bit silly to try again.
Later: the firm apologised and refunded me. They asked me if I'd like a free one and I agreed. (late May 2014.) So far, after about two weeks, it is fine. The firm read feedback and are very good. Five stars for customer service. Shame some batches of this particular product are faulty. If the 4th one keeps working I'll add stars to the product review.
- Very light and very compact. (I had a mophie juice duo which too was 6000mah and much larger and heavier and couldnt be charged by mains)
- Can be charged by mains. I tried to use my HTC one charger which is 1amp and it didn't work, used my iPhone 1amp charger which worked perfectly. I charge it overnight and its fully charged in the morning
- Very quick at charging my iPhone 5, it fits in my pocket fine and I have a 15cm belkin lightning cable so theres no long wires hanging out my pocket.
- Comes with a micro USB cable so you can just plug the battery into your existing apple/android charger.
- THE PRICE. Very cheap compared to other more well known rechargeable battery brands in apples online store and elsewhere. Admittedly the 9000mah is better value and 12000mah even better value but I wanted a smaller and lighter battery and didn't need more than 1 port.
- comes with an 18 month warranty and Anker's fantastic reputation in support in both the UK and US.
- The battery indicator.... In my experience this light is a nightmare, sometimes it comes on without even any movement just sitting on a table (it's supposed to come on at the shake of a wrist). ANKER next time just stick with a button to press to show the battery level left, this feature is counter intuitive as the battery won't always be stationary and even the slightest movement brings the light on. It may not use much battery but it's annoying.
Other than the battery level indicator this 2nd gen series is the best set of rechargeable batteries on the market in the UK for capacity/price ratio.Read more ›
Overall compact, effective, reliable, well designed and excellent value
This particular model is a really nice size, it is not too heavy and provides about 2.5 charges for my device.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The power bank is very useful. Compact and lightweight, is very easy to carry around and to keep in your pocket. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Lucas Araujo
Love Love Love Anchor stuff, this is no exception. Nothing more frustrating than running out of juice with phone use... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jason C.
Great customer service but breaks repeatedly. Got a bigger one by the same company after two replacements. Very powerful one and very efficient. This one is good but... Read morePublished 4 months ago by LLL
Great compact battery. I have purchased several different sized Anker batteries so far.
This batter is great for daily use as its small and fits nicely in a bag or pocket. Read more
Original review: This product stopped working within about a year. Perhaps mine is a lemon, but the specific item I got deserves one star. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Afshin Darian
I purchased this last year in July, and it served me exceptionally well up until about December time where it gave up the ghost basically. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Ryan George Hetherington