Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 September 2011
This book has been my bible throughout my training for my summer 5k and my upcoming 10k in October. Back in the Spring i could barely run for a bus, but since following the advice in this book i have slowly increased my fitness, stayed injury free (lost a few pounds too) and loved my Race for Life 5k in July. Training for the 10k is going really well and this book has played a large part. Great advice, great pics and above down to earth advice for normal people.
on 25 June 2011
Wow. I never thought that reading a book about running could inspire me so much. The book is so beautifully illustrated and so clear in its instructions. My first ever 5K run was a great success due to the help I got with the book. A MUST for any beginner who wishes to start running distances.
on 13 October 2014
A very good book. I saw it in an expensive book shop and thought it looked useful so ordered it cheap on Amazon. It has some great tips on diet, training and gear and is useful for anyone who fancies taking up running either just for fun or to do a charity run. Definitely recommend it.
on 6 August 2011
I am planing to run my first 10k in the next few months and I wanted a book that would be a great introduction to running. I found this book to be well laid out and easy to understand, broken up into manageable chunks which are easy to digest. I would highly recommend this book to beginners and intermediate runners alike. It is a valuable asset.
on 9 August 2011
Graeme writes extremely well, this book is easy to follow, instructions are clear and concise. I have never been a great runner and this book has guided me though all the stages so I now feel confident to try my first marathon. I would highly recommend this book to beginners.
on 6 May 2011
I never thought i'd ever need a book help me train for a 10km Race, but after being bought this book by a friend it has been far more useful than i ever thought. It contains loads of really helpful tips for people not familiar with 5k or 10k training and it has been such a great help to make regular running enjoyable. With a 10km race coming up in a few weeks, I'm brimming with confidence and really looking forward to it. A must buy for anyone taking up or new to running.
on 3 July 2015
I've finally run my first 10k and am so grateful I was gifted this book several months ago. I thought it was just about getting the miles in each week, but when I started applying Graeme's nutrition plans especially I started to see some improvements in my times. If hit a bit of a wall and was desperate to improve my times as a personal challenge. Even the race day tips made a huge difference. Thoroughly recommend this book to anyone looking back to apply a bit of science to their training. I loved the writing style too, with one key aspect being about reminding me of the fun of running...it's not all about being competitive. Great book, easy five stars.
on 20 September 2012
great value for money,easy to follow and a brilliant book if like me you enjoy running but not sure if your doing it right!!great warm up and cool down exercises, very inspirational book
on 13 April 2014
Found this book very interested and helpfull , just half way though reading it but so far its been a good read.
Hope to beable to run the full 10k by the end of it .
on 12 April 2011
I bought this book for my mum who is taking part in her first Race for Life event this year and didn't have a clue how to start training. Although i've run the marathon (i bought the authors other marathon training book which helped me big time with my training)my mum of course wouldn't listen to my advice so i thought this book might help her get started. Although she has only just started training she has had her head in it all the time since she got it and is now confident that she knows how to go about training. The book is very colouful and easy to read and although is not suitable for those are would consider themselves highly competant runners, there is something in it for everyone. If anyone is looking to run a 5k or 10k anytime soon, this book will certianly help to answer all the questions you ever had on how to get race ready.