- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 5
- Classification: Exempt
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: 23 May 2011
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (26 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B004I1KZZ2
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 47,151 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
The 500 Great Goals Collection [DVD]
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Bringing football’s best ever goals together in one great package, new The 500 Great Goals Collection is a must for any fan of the beautiful game. From solo sensations to incredible team efforts, delicate chips to 40 yard screamers, 500 Great Goals serves up a feast of the finest strikes in football history. Featuring international greats such as Pelé, Cruyff and Zidane and homegrown heroes like Rooney, Beckham and Gazza, the collection relives the greatest moments from the greatest players in the world’s greatest competitions. Covering six decades of goal scoring action, 500 Great Goals captures those moments of pure brilliance that take your breath away, glimpses of sporting genius that live in the memory forever.
Whether it’s Maradona’s mazey dribble against England in the 1986 World Cup, Marco van Basten’s spectacular volley in the Euro '88 final, Gazza’s hammer blow against Scotland in Euro ’96 or George Weah’s outstanding run against Verona, 500 Great Goals’ comprehensive compilation of net-busting magic shows why football is truly the beautiful game. And as if watching hundreds of the world’s most memorable strikes wasn’t enough, this great new title also features the scorers themselves, as all-time legends of the game recall their favourite goals. For anyone who has ever enjoyed the game of football, 500 Great Goals makes simply unmissable viewing.
Among the memorable goals included:
- Steven Gerrard, Liverpool v. West Ham United, FA Cup Final 2005/06
- Wayne Rooney, Everton v. Arsenal, Premier League 2002/03
- Michael Owen, England v. Argentina, World Cup 2nd Round 1998
- Paolo Di Canio, West Ham United v. Wimbledon, Premier League 1999/00
- Marco van Basten, USSR v. Holland, Euro 88 Final
- Tony Yeboah, Wimbledon v. Leeds United, Premier League 1995/96
- Dennis Bergkamp, Leicester City v. Arsenal, Premier League 1997/98
- Diego Maradona, Argentina v. Belgium, World Cup Semi Final 1986
- Eric Cantona, Sheffield United v. Manchester United, FA Cup 5th Round 1994/95
- Pele, Brazil v. Mexico, World Cup 1st Round 1962
- Zinedine Zidane, Bayer Leverkusen v. Real Madrid, Champions League Final 2001/02
- Teddy Sheringham, Manchester United v. Bayern Munich, Champions League Final 1998/99
- Ronaldinho, Germany v. Brazil, International Friendly 2004/05
- Kevin Keegan, Liverpool v. Leicester City, FA Cup Semi Final 1973/74
- George Best, Manchester United v. Tottenham Hotspur, Division One 1970/71