- Paperback: 72 pages
- Publisher: John A Read (19 May 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0615826717
- ISBN-13: 978-0615826714
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 0.4 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 413,670 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
50 Things To See With A Small Telescope Paperback – 19 May 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
John Read is an amateur astronomer, pilot, artist, and writer living in Northern California. His primary interest is sharing his love of astronomy at outreach events all over the San Francisco Bay Area.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It doesn't oversell what you'll be able to see, but it does direct you to all of the top visible gee-whiz sights. The author doesn't patronize or condescend, but rather welcomes you into this very rewarding hobby. The general tone is cheerfully conversational and the guidance is reliable. It doesn't have a sappy "dummies" vibe and it's not overly technical. In our experience this has been just a top-drawer and rewarding introductory guide. A solid choice.
This was the book I was searching for. So simply written for a numpty like me. Clear diagrams on where to look and most importantly what it will look like using a cheap telescope, absolutely brilliant. I am working though the book and I currently do two pages a night (clear sky's willing).Great fun and has kept me interested.