Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
The 4000m Peaks of the Alps - Selected Climbs Paperback – 1 Jun 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The 4000m Peaks of the Alps" provides a practical companion guide to the Alpine 4000ers with detailed description of every worthwhile route from Facile (F) to Difficile (sup) (D+/TD-). As well as the 50 major mountains, every significant subsidiary top is visited by one or more route. In total, over 230 routes are described, ranging from beginners' climbs on the Breithorn and Allalinhorn to magnificent grandes courses like the Peuterey Ridge of Mont Blanc. In addition the valley bases, huts and hut approaches are described in detail, so that mountaineers can plan and execute their 4000m campaign without need to refer to any other texts. The guidebook builds on the Alpine Club's long and distinguished pedigree of publishing regional guides to the Alps. Martin Moran brings his climbing passion and experience to add an inspirational flavour to the peak portraits and route descriptions.
About the Author
* Martin Moran is one of Britain's most experienced mountaineers and is an IFMGA Mountain Guide. * With Simon Jenkins he made the first-ever continuous traverse of all the 4000m peaks in 52 days in 1993, and has guided in the Alps for over 20 summer seasons. * Martin has an outstanding geographical knowledge of the Alps and passion for classic alpinism.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However for the price (it's now sold for £25) I would expect to see maps included as well.