on 13 June 2013
Measuring 3.5x2x0.5 inches (9x5x1.5cm) it's not enormous but it's not tiny either. Only time will tell if it's plastic body will support bumps and bangs and stay in one piece.
I bought it to lock suitcases together during a camping trip, but I did notice that the cable's head is too big to fit through all of my suitcases' zipper holes, so it's not a lock to be used for suitcases during travel.
The new combination is very easy to set; simply follow the steps 1, 2, 3 on the back packaging under "Set your personal code:".
on 10 June 2014
Very reasonable price. My order arrived with the instructions obscured by a bar code so that setting a new code was impossible. The sellers have been very helpful in sorting the problem out and all is now well. I would recommend this lock for a situation such as travelling by train and your precious luggage might be out of sight at the end of the compartment. Any potential thieves would not waste time trying to crack the code, and take someone else's. Recommended, and good service too.
on 18 September 2014
I carry this all the time on my bicycle. So handy if you just want to stop for a short while. Great to stop a casual thief. But if they are determined it will not last to long i think. So best to carry a heavier lock if leaving bike for a long period. Has already saved our bikes being taken whilst outside a shop.
It is simple to set up combination and easy to lock and unlock.
on 2 August 2015
Not fit for purpose. Unable to re-set combination and, having stupidly binned the packaging I can't sent 'em back. (I bought one from this supplier and another two (I know I know - they were for friends and family) from another supplier and they were identical except for a few pence in price. The usual impenetrable instructions, lost in translation from the original Chinese, and the instluctions that were enclosed dealt with different locks anyway. Poor.
on 11 May 2015
This is an ideal lock to carry as a light deterrent while popping into shops or a cafe. Mechanism feels solid, and the retraction works well. This is not going to put off a determined thief and I would not use it to secure a bike for anything other than a mid-ride break or a visit to the shops. It is perfect to carry in a pocket when you do not want to be weighed down by a bulky alternative.
on 16 May 2016
Arrived, looked as expected, instructions on the back not fantastic, but you can follow the pictures to figure out how to set the combination. We will be using it as a pram lock at a theme park. It is more of a deterrent than anything else, as you could cut the wire with some decent wire cutters, but it's exactly what we were looking for as its small and lightweigt.
on 10 April 2014
Perfect for preventing other skiers from accidentally taking your skis - any serious thief can easily cut thro wire, but probably still deters some.
on 24 April 2014
It is what it says it is PLUS:
1) the dials and the retracting button (especially) catches the user's skin occasionally. It hurts and is annoying.
2) the cable CAN be extended or retracted with the button when LOCKED. NOT useful for locking up cabinet handles.
3) the cable is thinner than another heavier cable lock I have.
on 14 June 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS. The first time I used it, it broke. The chord can just be pulled out so anyone can take you bike or whatever you're using it for. WARNING: DO NOT BUY!!
on 17 July 2014
Bought to fasten bikes up when on rides if we needed café stop. just gave us a bit of piece of mind.