- Platform: PlayStation 4
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Other Sellers on Amazon
XCOM 2 (PS4)
|Price:||£22.40 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Earth has changed and is now under alien rule. Facing impossible odds you must rebuild XCOM, and ignite a global resistance to reclaim our world and save humanity.
- XCOM ON THE RUN: Take command of the Avenger, an alien supply craft converted to XCOM
- RECRUIT RESISTANCE FIGHTERS: Five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree, let you create specific soldiers for your tactical plan.
- TACTICAL GUERRILLA COMBAT: New gameplay systems offer more tactical flexibility in combat. Use concealment to ambush enemy patrols. Loot enemies for precious gear and artefacts. Rescue VIPs and save fallen comrades by carrying them to the extraction point.
- A NEW BREED OF ENEMY: A diverse cast of enemies from powerful new alien species to the ADVENT, enforcers of the alien regime, offer a distinct tactical challenge.
- RESEARCH, DEVELOP AND UPGRADE: Configure and build rooms on the Avenger to give XCOM new capabilities on the battlefield. Use your Scientists and Engineers to research, develop and upgrade weapons and armor to fit your preferred tactics.
- EACH MISSION IS A UNIQUE CHALLENGE: Go on missions around the world, from wildlands to the heart of the alien-controlled megacities, to the depths of alien installations. There are virtually infinite combinations of maps, missions and goals.
- ENGAGE IN HEAD-TO-HEAD MULTIPLAYER: Mix-and-match squads of humans and aliens and battle head-to-head on randomly-generated maps.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PlayStation 4 | Edition: Standard
XCOM 2 PS4 ENG
Top Customer Reviews
Set in 2035, 20 years after the events of XCOM: Enemy Within. Humanity has been defeated. XCOM proved incapable of eliminating the alien threat, was quickly betrayed by the council nations who surrendered to the aliens shortly after the invasion began. and the Earth has now endured two decades of alien rule.
Yet life on Earth if anything appears to have improved. Its people seem happy and life more idyllic....
Controlled by the aliens through the human ADVENT Administration, they have done much to gradually improve public opinion of the aliens over the passing years. It is widely propogated that the aliens came in peace and that early conflicts were the result of misinterpretation of the alien intent on behalf of Earths leaders that lead to war after Earth forces first fired in anger. Now Earths cities have grown into gleaming metropolis, vast improvements have been made in technology, poverty is a thing of the past, and the standard of living has increased to the point that the human population are living what appears to be the perfect existence. Yet something is not right.....There is something rotten hiding just below the surface of this apparantly blissful, plentiful eutopia. What is 'Project Avatar', and what does it mean for the future of humankind....?Read more ›
The fact is that if you have played any of the previous versions then you have played them all as very little actually changes, earth is being or has been invaded by aliens and your job as commander of X-Com is of course to defeat them by engaging small teams of aliens on the ground in various locations set around the world (sadly no UFO's to shoot down or clear out in this game either!!). In this game the alien race and humans have made a peace pact which you and your team are fighting against. Your home base is an old alien ship which as always you can upgrade with various new areas such as laboratories and workshops. Combat is based on the traditional turned base strategy genre, armour and equipment upgrades are available to your team via research and manufacturing. For the most part the alien design has had an complete overhaul but the names are still the same. Strategy wise this game is easier than some of the earlier releases and is one of those games where you will find yourself putting up the difficulty as you go along.Read more ›
As others have said, even on the normal difficulty it's really hard, not because i'm bad at the game but mainly because the hit percentages mean absolutely nothing. Your soldiers will constantly miss shots that are supposed to be above 85-90% hit chance where as the aliens hardly ever miss. This makes it extremely difficult to progress through missions successfully because it takes too many turns to kill the enemy which eats into the timers, you have to finish most missions in usually 8-12 turns otherwise the objective blows up or the skyranger has to leave, things like that. Which is one thing I don't understand. You start most missions concealed, so the enemy has no idea you're there, yet the objective is still rigged to blow as soon as you touch the ground, as if the aliens blow up their own stuff just for the fun of it.
Hard difficulty does not make for a bad game, i mean look at the dark souls games, but in this case it does not make sense and can ruin the fun.
I'm assamed to say that i'm finding it much more fun to play on the rookie difficulty because there is less of the b******t random number generating.
The graphics are definately an improvement on the previous games but it's really glitchy, with character models missing in some animations and textures missing or flashing in and out.
Load times are also ridiculously high, two and a half minutes or more to load a save just doesnt seem right, the game also freezes quite a lot and seems to have many frame rate issues (i know its on console).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A great game that will test your mind, not your reflexes. Beware though, the difficulty bar is set very high, it's a tough game if you rush through without thinking first. Read morePublished 2 days ago by TD
Well the first game seemed good at first, but this was either a faulty disk or the game is buggy as hell on ps4. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
It takes a while to get used to the confusing map view and to the initially harsh difficulty level but once you've put in a few hours you begin to realise this is an excellent... Read morePublished 11 days ago by The Goat
Brilliant, addictive and a refrwshing change from the fps we are constantly bombarded with.Published 14 days ago by Robert Stephenson
Love the previous xcom games but this is poor due to extremely long load times. So long I'm often wondering if the game has frozen during load screens. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Mr. Pj
Great game, to be honnest the best tactical rpg I have played in years. And the strategic part between missions is awesome too, offering many possible build for your squad and your... Read morePublished 25 days ago by lepage virginie
Just an Amazing game.
Loading times take ages between stages.
There are a few frustrating glitches.
But I still rate the game as 5 stars. Read more