- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 391 KB
- Publisher: 2600 Enterprises; 3 edition (21 Sept. 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0049P1NIK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #705,076 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
2600 Magazine: The Hacker Quarterly - Autumn 2010 Kindle Edition
Top Customer Reviews
The magazine takes an in-depth look at the information and communications technology which has become an integral part of our lives. While some articles require a level of technical expertise (it'll help if you know your way around a Linux distribution and a programming language or two), much of the information is accessible to anyone with reasonable computing proficiency.
Where 2600 really excels is in its examination of the effects of technology on society. Issues including Wikileaks, intellectual property law, privacy, data protection and media manipulation are frequent themes, and the magazine provides a platform for a range of views which sometimes aren't heard in the mainstream media.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Security
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Computer Science > Human-Computer Interaction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computing > Security & Encryption
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Technology & Engineering > Telecommunications