Customer reviews

EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM Zoom Lens
Style: EF 24-70mm F2.8 L II USM|Change
Price:£1,389.93+ £4.53 shipping

on 12 December 2015
Usual Canon L series Quality Lens, Using with Canon 5D mkIII, Purchased to replace my Trusty 24-105mm which was still working perfectly ,The 24-70mm is just that bit lighter & smaller very fast focus & handy Macro feature,A great all rounder, Grab it while the Canon £150 Cashback in operation unlike some companies Canon pay out Promptly !
on 2 July 2017
First of all, I just want to make potential customers aware that the supplied Canon Lens Hood used to be the EW-83L, but has now been replaced with the EW-83M - The only difference I can see (apart from the L was made in Japan, and the M is made in Taiwan) is that the inner part of the petal is no longer covered with felt, but just blackened plastic. I don't know if the felt caused any optical problems, but I assume it may have if the felt is no longer used ???

The lens has nice build quality and is a lovely thing to hold, with a reassuring feel. However, I'm not totally sure about the consistency of this lens' AF accuracy. I have just returned one copy of the lens and had it replaced with one from a completely different batch (now supplied with the EW-83M Lens Hood, as opposed to the EW-83L). The AF inconsistency seems to be the same, so I am fairly confident I don't have a dodgy copy .. So, in conclusion, occasionally when auto focusing but repeatedly pressing the shutter release while trying to focus on the exact same spot, the focus will, on occasion, vary a little, confirmed by the distance scale showing a different distance and a whir of the AF motor. Any comments would be very welcome.
on 9 August 2015
I bought this after many hours of research and was worried about the quality etc. But my fears soon went when it arrived ( what a great lens this is !!!!). I have tested it on several shoots and in macro mode and all the photo's came out extremely sharp and the colours were spot on, this is what I had been waiting for a very long time, the cost I know is expensive, but you get what you pay for!!!
I would certainly recommend this lens!!!
on 13 January 2017
Very pleased with this lens smaller than I had considered, and it has micro which took myself a little while too figure out but once I had happy days... a good compliment lens too my 70-300 mm F4 which I had purchased earlier in the year.......very pleased
on 8 November 2017
Clearly one of the best lenses available out there, and I'm surely not going to be the one who gives a negative review to such a great piece of equipment. If this focal length is the right one for you, then look no further and don't be afraid of buying it because it never fails to impress. Well done, Canon!
on 21 March 2016
What a great lens! I use this with my 5D Mark III and it is a fantastic all-rounder. For working photographers on a budget who can't quite stretch to the f2.8 model, this lens could well become your best friend. It may be a little boring for hobbyists, but if you need a high quality, reliable lens then you really can't go wrong with this one.
on 20 August 2016
Wow, this lens is stunning. The colour reproduction and sharpness is amazing and my photographs have improved hugely. This lens has speeded up my post processing as the colours, contrast and sharpness are where you want them to be straight from the camera.

I love this lens and highly recommend it.
on 2 November 2017
Actually has pretty good macro along with the stabilisation this is a very flexible lens - I use it on the second camera when shooting products.
on 29 July 2017
I really do like the quality of this lens and the pictures I am getting from it.
on 4 October 2017
Excellent lens with very good macro function. Works very well on my Sony a7ii (with adapter).