- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 611 KB
- Print Length: 186 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Eric Diehl; 1 edition (4 Dec. 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006XVFIAC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,040,808 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
24:01 One Minute After Kindle Edition
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
This book contains short stories which include space pirates, the enslaved human race, two magical cats, dragons, and nano technology. It is varied with some long and some shorter stories. The book has no theme to it so it is likely a reader will find something they like.
The book is fairly clean, though there are a few typos but most not distracting. I found some of the stories okay while others were very good. The last story in the book had characters I could latch onto but the story was somewhat predictable as the plot had been written before. That said, how many takes on Cinderella do we watch and how many of them are really quite good. Just because the plot is known doesn't mean the writing is poor. Several of the stories have endings that would fit nicely in today's topic of Twilight Zone type stories. If nothing else, read Spirits of the 'Cane or Science and the Greater Good to see what I mean. I thought the story Edgar was nicely done - a whole different type of plot and story. Kudos for that one, Eric! A Kingdom for the Taking was clearly thought out and well executed. A Simple Trade pulled me in but I don't understand why it took so long for Nol to tell Garner what has happened. This part of the dialog didn't ring true for me but they use this technique on TV and in movies.
Overall, the book had some enjoyable stories and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys finding new, budding authors. The price is right at 99 cents for an e-book.
I rank books according to their genre. This is a Twilight Zone type book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories