• 2019

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 15 December 2013
When I read the synopsis for this book I thought it sounded interesting and I was not disappointed. Firstly, it cleverly takes things we already see around us and exaggerates them in a way that you could imagine would happen if corporations were free to do what they wanted. There were a few typos in the book so perhaps it could have done with some more proof reading but that doesn't detract from the story and the message that makes you realise that for capitalism to succeed it requires there to be checks and balances. Unrestrained it damages itself, pay workers less and give them no free time, they have less money to spend and less time to spend it and so profits fall, leading to lower wages etc.

One thread in the story I would have liked concluded was the Zandra storyline, and what would happen to the Algo-Rythm. I wasn't sure if she and Michael were working for the CoS or the 'corporations'? At the end of the book I think there was reference to the author writing a sequel and hopefully there will be more descriptions of the punishment of the worst CEOs, the fate of Zandra and Michael and the Algo-Rythm. Fingers crossed it won't be too long until the sequel!!!

Final message - great ideas, intriguing characters, not too slick (felt real rather than over edited) and left you wanting more. Give it a try!!!
on 17 December 2013
It's been a long time since I've enjoyed travelling through a story so much I didn't want the journey to end! It reminded me of 'Stand on Zanzibar' by John Brunner in way it extrapolates current social trends and research leading to lots of 'bad things' heading our way. The characters are memorable and story lines very well written. As a previous revewier pointed out there are a few typos but not enough to spoil the flow of the narrative. I very much look forward to the release of the sequel and give the book 5 stars!!