- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Collins (8 Sept. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0008186634
- ISBN-13: 978-0008186630
- Product Dimensions: 20.9 x 0.7 x 15 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (76 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 697 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
2017 Guide to the Night Sky: A month-by-month guide to exploring the skies above Britain and Ireland (Royal Observatory Greenwich) Paperback – 8 Sep 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
“A handy and straightforward guide … attractive little booklet” British Astronomical Association's 'Journal'
“an ideal Christmas stocking-filler” The Observatory
“This is a great guide to the night sky at a great price” Astronomy Now
About the Author
Strom Dunlop is an experienced Astronomy and meteorology author and translator. Books include Gem Weather (Collins, 2012), Meteorology Manual (Haynes, 2014), Practical Astronomy (Philip’s, 2012) and is the lead author for the bestselling annual Guide to the Night Sky (Collins). Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, the Royal Meteorological Society and a member of the International Astronomical Union.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I only gave 4 stars because it's for someone else, and for no other reason.
which are excellent. I have just bought 2 copies of the 2017 edition, one for my husband and the other for a fried who has been "into" astronomy for many years (at his request). One point, make sure you get the edition specifying GB as there are different versions.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lovely beautifully presented book. Bit heavy on information and charts.need to know more about stars etc before you get it? Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Almanacs & Yearbooks
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Popular Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Star Gazing
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Stars & Interstellar Matter
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Telescopes & Equipment
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference