- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Collins (8 Sept. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0008186634
- ISBN-13: 978-0008186630
- Product Dimensions: 20.9 x 0.7 x 15 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (41 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 209 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
2017 Guide to the Night Sky: A month-by-month guide to exploring the skies above Britain and Ireland (Royal Observatory Greenwich) Paperback – 8 Sep 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“A handy and straightforward guide … attractive little booklet” British Astronomical Association's 'Journal'
“an ideal Christmas stocking-filler” The Observatory
“This is a great guide to the night sky at a great price” Astronomy Now
About the Author
Strom Dunlop is an experienced Astronomy and meteorology author and translator. Books include Gem Weather (Collins, 2012), Meteorology Manual (Haynes, 2014), Practical Astronomy (Philip’s, 2012) and is the lead author for the bestselling annual Guide to the Night Sky (Collins). Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, the Royal Meteorological Society and a member of the International Astronomical Union.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
which are excellent. I have just bought 2 copies of the 2017 edition, one for my husband and the other for a fried who has been "into" astronomy for many years (at his request). One point, make sure you get the edition specifying GB as there are different versions.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
bought for my partner for christmas as he has a huge interest in space. This is really good . I was a bit shocked at the size of it , but it's packed with information.Published 22 hours ago by dorsetsgem
My partner loves it. As he has a Star ⭐️ in pieses ( sorry for my spelling)Published 1 day ago by Claire Jackson
Bought as a present for mu husband but saud it was a very useful little book!Published 2 days ago by Julia Evans
Bought as a Xmas. They loved. Gives a newbie using a telescope a month by month overview of what to look for.Published 5 days ago by M. Brown
Bought this as a gift for my dad for Christmas and he loves it! Would recommend to people, or people buying for people, that love astronomy that are just starting out with their... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Hall51
A very useful little book but you need to have some familiarity with astronomy to get the most benefit from it.Published 6 days ago by Paulo MS
Neat and informative book, particularly given the price. But, perhaps, not a match for Patrick Moore's Yearbook of Astronomy, this year's lack of which will be sorerly missed.Published 9 days ago by Steve Urwin
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Almanacs & Yearbooks
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Star Gazing
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Stars & Interstellar Matter
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference