Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 November 2010
This is an absolutely lovely little book. I ordered it to assist me in making a first birthday cake for a friend's daughter. I do have some experience with cake decorating, but it's always nice to gather extra hints, tips and inspiration! This book is great for beginners, it keeps the figures nice and simple, with a few more complicated ones if you're feeling particularly brave. One thing I particularly liked about this book is the list of equipment required at the beginning of the book...it was very basic. There are far too many modelling/decorating books around claiming to be aimed at beginners, with an 'essential' equipment list as long as your arm!
on 30 December 2009
I bought this to work with my 4 year grandaughter. It was so successful she produced Christmas presents for everyone made out of marzipan. I would recommend this book for all ages
on 8 November 2009
This little book is packed with lots of easy to do models that look brilliant when finished. Even the most inexperienced can manage to use it thanks to the clear step by step instructions.
Would also reccommend Fancy Dress Babies which has the most gorgeous effective and easy to do models of babies as angels and animals amongst other things.I would reccommend it even if it was only to look at the pictures it is so fab.
Frances McNaughten manages to instruct in a manner that makes eveything achievable with good results from the most novice upwards yet her designs are still what the most experienced might want to use.
on 9 November 2011
This is a great little book for those wishing to learn to make sugar paste animals for cake decoration. For each animal there are clear and concise intructions such as: equipment requires, the weight of the paste for the whole and for each part, the shape of the part and how to achieve it, how to attach the pieces to each other and how to colour them. An excellent book for a beginner. Thoroughly recommended.
on 14 October 2009
This book is fab ! it contains 20 easy to follow animals to model, the instructions and photos make it very easy to follow.
I would reccomend this to anyone !
on 21 October 2009
Animals are so cute. I can't wait to make them for my daughter's birthday. Step by step instruction. Very easy to follow. You don't need to buy many tools to make these animals. Great book to have for birthday cake or any occasion.
on 3 January 2012
What an excellent little book! I have successfully made (on first attempt, no less) a fondant hippo, panda and monkey, all thanks to the step-by-step photos and instructions which are clearly labelled and simple to follow.

As long as you have a set of modelling tools (the white and yellow ones are very cheap to buy) and a heart-shaped cutter, the rest is pretty straight-forward. Soon you'll be the envy of all your friends!
on 4 August 2013
Great fun! The animals are all easy to make, good clear instructions and great results every time. It took us back to my daughters childhood and was just like playing with play-doh. If you've looking for some simple easy ideas to decorate cakes this is the answer...also great for keeping the kids involved
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 March 2015
I bought this book for my work as a confectioner. We keep it as one of our library to use as a guideline for a good variety of animals.

Great book, lots of pictures so you know exactly what you're meant to do. I would recommend this for anyone who is looking to make animals for a cake or party. You don't need to have any experience for the majority of these. Great practice for those who want to improve their skills with sugarcraft.
on 10 June 2014
This was a nice, simple and easy to follow guideline for making small icing animals. Anyone could make them after following the instructions - plenty of pictures showing exactly how to do them - nice and simple. I didn't make any of the animals in the book - but I did get plenty of helpful hints when making the Gruffalo animals for my granddaughters cake, and the instructions can be used for any animal - not just those in the book.