- Publisher: Lonely Mind Books (31 Oct. 2013)
- ISBN-10: 0956269311
- ISBN-13: 978-0956269317
- Product Dimensions: 2 x 24 x 22 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (32 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
653,689 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #405 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Family Therapy
- #5032 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- #14819 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
The 1st Comic Book: Book 1: The Girl with the Curly Hair Paperback – 31 Oct 2013
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This engaging picture book presents simple, insightful, communicative comic strips of everyday situations between the person with Asperger's Syndrome (AS) and the Neurotypical (NT) person in their overlapping worlds.
Top Customer Reviews
What I want to get across is that Alis clearly has a tremendous ability to articulate a complex subject in a way that is both educational, enlightening and easy to understand. That's why I give this book 5 stars and would strongly recommend checking out the authors website and social media feeds as she is making the world a better place with her efforts both for AS and NT types.
As someone with Asperger's Syndrome myself, they are important to me because:
1) it is *amazing* to see in print my own 'weird' reactions to things, with an explanation of why I feel or behave like that,
2) I can show people I know so that they know I am not just being difficult or mean or whatever,
3) they help me to see the other side and get some idea of what other people might think or feel in the same situation, because the NT perspective is also shown, and
4) they are told with Alis Rowe's particular genius of clarity and humour.
Highly, highly, highly recommended. And the others in the series as well!!! Fantastic!!!
The book takes different life scenarios and gives an insight into what the person with Aspergers is feeling/thinking in those scenarios and what the NT person is feeling/thinking. It's a very easy way to start to understand the way someone with Aspergers views and interacts with the world around them.
I've read a lot of books on Aspergers and have Aspergers myself, many books are too wordy and complex for the average person to digest. This is very different, anyone could read this book and enjoy it too.
Alis Rowe has done an exceptional job in sharing information about life with Aspergers in a no-fuss easy to comprehend format. An exceptional book to read and share, I like the pages in it for the readers own notes and thoughts also. I could see this book used well in a lot if different settings.
5 stars for it's originality, format and accurate messages inside.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sweet, but suffers dull graphics and a lot of less than original observations that apply to everyone...Published 14 months ago by FredGumbo1
Brilliant introduction to Asperger's Syndrome. I got this a few months after I was diagnosed and it was really a great book to have to easily explain to friends and family, and... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Lottie Hammond
If you have not read Alis Rowe before, you are in for a treat. I have read several books on the topic of Asbergers, and Theway Aalis writes is like nothing else. Read morePublished on 7 Mar. 2015 by 6cobham
My daughter, who has Asperger's, is reading these books with enthusiasm! (I gave her the 3 Comic Books, plus Asperger's and Me for Christmas). She can't put these books down. Read morePublished on 27 Dec. 2014 by private
As I read this book, I flipped the pages faster and faster because each and every one contained thoughts and feelings that I could relate to. Read morePublished on 28 Nov. 2014 by zoe
Pleased with the look and feel of the book, and of course, the content. Can't wait to share it with my family and friends. Read morePublished on 16 Oct. 2014 by Libby Forand
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Family Therapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help