- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
1991: The Year Punk Broke [DVD] 
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
A visual document of Sonic Youth's 1991 European festival tour, which saw the aristocracy of the American Underground making their first inroads into the mainstream. Sonic Youth's lead singer Thurston Moore offers sardonic swipes at his band's position as the Royal Family of Alternative Rock, whilst a pre-'Nevermind' Nirvana skulk in the background, along with fellow courtesans Babes in Toyland, Dinosaur Jr, Gumball and The Ramones. Features 18 live tracks.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
Featuring what will be of particular fascination for many, is much footage of a pre-icon Kurt Cobain goofing around and chatting with friends, coming across not as the crestfallen and doom-destined caricature the all-too-frequently seen posters and t-shirts peddled since his death portray, but instead as a clearly witty and, at that time anyway, vivacious guy enjoying all the fun of being in a touring rock band.
There are fantastic performances from several bands, including Sonic Youth of course, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr, Babes In Toyland, and a few others.
A must-see for those that had their musical tastes turned upside down by this wonderful music when it first emerged, and likewise anyone with an interest in the major milestones in rock history.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?