A 1950s Childhood: Spangles, Tiddlywinks and the Clitheroe Kid Paperback – 14 Nov 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Derek Tait has written numerous books on local, national and British history. His past jobs have included working as a photographer and as a cartoonist. He has been writing local history books for many years now and has regular columns in the Herald, the Plymouth Shopper, the Plymstock and Wembury Marketplace Magazine and the Cramleigh Magazine. He also writes blog articles for Devon Life. He lives in Plymouth.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
My daughters are of an age where they have heard it all before, but now my tales have foundation. This is more than nostalgia and should not limit it's audience. It is an astute depiction of a piece of history for the hundreds of thousands who grew up through this post-war period. I have nothing but fond memories, apart from medicated Izal, but have not suffered. This book certainly fills in many gaps, including a chronological history of events. My family have enjoyed it and the writer deserves a wide readership.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good book brought many memories of my childhood as I lived through this time bring those days back again?Published 14 months ago by Richard Goodall
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938