on 15 July 2012
If you have the 17th regs book and the onsite guide etc you will be pleasantly surprised by this book. It has a very simple layout and explains subjects simply and to the point.

Many of the authors of books that I have purchased do not explain real world examples well enough but this author does. This book does not include the extreme detail of the regs book, it gives you whats, whys and hows you need with examples.

This is a great book but, at the time of writing this review, it does not cover the latest regs amendment (2011). Nevertheless this book is good at giving you the understanding you need if you are studying for the C&G 82, 92 or 91 exams.
7 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2014
Its no substitute for the 17th edition IEE Wiring Regulations. As an electrical engineer, but not an electrician, I was hoping for sufficient information to be able to specify in detail what I want the electrician to do, but this book didn't really deliver for me. There were also instances where it seemed to me the interpretation of part P of the building regulations was misleading, albeit on the safe side. I'm not sure whether this is a book which falls short of achieving the aims of its title or just not what I was looking for. So 3 rather than 2 stars.
Delivery was, of course, instant.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 September 2017
had some incorrect information which is worrying in a book that has been reprinted several times: it should have been corrected ! Avoid.
on 11 December 2012
as ik partaking in some diy solar panael projects this is ESSENTIAL!

to getting all my wiring up to scratch to comply with building regs so well worth it if you need to do some basic wiring around and already know something at least about wireing the house and do it safely ^_^
on 2 June 2014
As always this author covers the subject matter very comprehensively, it is easily read and understood.
Well worth the price and the time reading, always useful as reference.
on 3 July 2017
good and useful
on 4 September 2012
I'm not an electrician however studied a few years back. I'm installing a new kitchen in my home and will need to re wire with new bits as soon as the wife decides what she wants but there isn't a book for that!

I needed to find out what the requirements were for kitchen circuits but not in the book, however if i needed to replace it with a sauna, it would have been aces.

Sorry Brian, must try harder. I'm now going to buy the ACTUAL IET Reg book instead.
on 23 March 2013
I bought this book as a companion to the 17th edition. The content has been very useful and I am reading it and referring to the BS at the same time. I have never read a published book with more typos and basic errors than this one - I wonder if anyone actually read the final text before the print run? I'm almost thinking I might have bought a "pre-production" issue!
2 people found this helpful
on 26 June 2015
.. and informative. A very concise and easy to read book.
on 28 October 2014
great book explains well the 17th edition wiring regs and can be a usefull reference book for all learners